Who Actually Likes 17 Games? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Actually Likes 17 Games?

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
I’m probably in the minority but I think 17 games is not necessary. Well for one I know all too well that Miami probably would have made the playoffs a lot more times this century if the season was 15 games long instead of 16 and now 17 games with last season being a prime example lol

Anyway I know most will say more football is always good, but I feel like it’s going to degrade the playoffs even more as we know players can’t even last 10 games rarely 16 or 17 now. So many players going to be out with injuries come round one of the playoffs mid January now.

probably going to have two weeks now of teams with everything clinched in week 15 not playing anyone affecting playoff races.

It’s a shame $$$ outweighs all cons in every decision the NFL makes lol

I’m probably in the minority but I think 17 games is not necessary. Well for one I know all too well that Miami probably would have made the playoffs a lot more times this century if the season was 15 games long instead of 16 and now 17 games with last season being a prime example lol

Anyway I know most will say more football is always good, but I feel like it’s going to degrade the playoffs even more as we know players can’t even last 10 games rarely 16 or 17 now. So many players going to be out with injuries come round one of the playoffs mid January now.

probably going to have two weeks now of teams with everything clinched in week 15 not playing anyone affecting playoff races.

It’s a shame $$$ outweighs all cons in every decision the NFL makes lol
I like this guy.

final.png

I don’t like it either. How much can you ask of the players and still pretend to care about their safety? Thursday night games and now a 17 game regular season with only one bye week throughout. I really hope the players stick it to the owners in the next cba negotiations.

I don’t like it either. How much can you ask of the players and still pretend to care about their safety? Thursday night games and now a 17 game regular season with only one bye week throughout. I really hope the players stick it to the owners in the next cba negotiations.
the Player vote was pretty close but in the end players sacrificed their health for more money. It's funny now that players seem more vocal now about being against 17 games.

I'm blown away that this made it past the Players Union. Too many teams already enter the play-offs riddled with injuries.
I seriously dislike this change.

Yeah they never did say they were implementing a 2nd bye with this 17 game schedule did they? I think they should give every one a bye within weeks 1-8 and and then again within weeks 9-18 or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom