Who actually made the decision to start Tua? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who actually made the decision to start Tua?

We all love w good “who dun it” drama but there is no way a QB change happens and the HC isn’t the one who makes the call.

Hey, remember 1983? We were 3-2, defense playing well, offense leaving points on the field and Shula went to Marino. We finished 12-4 and won the division. A lot to parallels here. It’s time - unless we want to go .500 at best. Take the upside chance w Tua. No one wants to wait until next year to see if we can make the playoffs. Fitz has never, ever led a team there. In 16-17 seasons. He’s not doing it now at a point in his career where he’s lost a lot of zip on the ball and still turns it over in the RZ too much.

No guarantee Tua helps us to a better record, but he needs to start developing w game experience. If we were 5-1 it might be a different story but we’re not. We’re 3-3.
That’s a royally good post.

Brian Flores.

Period.

I'm sure he consulted with Chris, Chan, Robby Brown, the medical staff, etc. But ultimately, Flo is running this show, as he should be.

Bottom line. I don’t care how Tua fares this year. I want him in game action at the NFL speed so next year he knows the deal and he’s ready to deal

When did every decision ever made in the world become a conspiracy theory?

Enough gentlemen. You guys know the rules

Back to the Tua decision please

aliens1-5ad5062f3037130037462d1c.jpg

I was wondering this too. I even considered it coming from Ross at the top. Or him/the brass pressuring Grier and he had to make the call. But I assume it has to be Flores if this team is operating like most football teams.

We know the Dallas Cowboys are run by their owner, but not many teams are. As we know Jerry Jones drafted their WR Cedee Lamb this year instead of going for much better options at positions of dire needs. Coach and GM had to accept it and shut up. And we've seen how miserable it failed already. I don't see Ross as this type.

Could also be factors or something personal we don't know about, right. We simply do not know. It might come out at some point if so. The tone and seeing Fitz come out to speak about it and how upset he was leads me to believe it could be something else, something personal even. Who knows. Maybe Flores is a Biden guy, Fitz a Trump guy like Brady and BB are. Or could be Fitz blew up at Flores behind closed doors football related. Or this could have been the plan all along and they planned to NOT be 3-3 and Fitz NOT being good, but, considering Miami has been one of the hottest teams in the NFL in the last 4 weeks, it's a bad look. Sometimes the plan, has to be adjusted. It just doesnt sit well with me, something else has to be at play here.

I was wondering this too. I even considered it coming from Ross at the top. Or him/the brass pressuring Grier and he had to make the call. But I assume it has to be Flores if this team is operating like most football teams.

We know the Dallas Cowboys are run by their owner, but not many teams are. As we know Jerry Jones drafted their WR Cedee Lamb this year instead of going for much better options at positions of dire needs. Coach and GM had to accept it and shut up. And we've seen how miserable it failed already. I don't see Ross as this type.

Could also be factors or something personal we don't know about, right. We simply do not know. It might come out at some point if so. The tone and seeing Fitz come out to speak about it and how upset he was leads me to believe it could be something else, something personal even. Who knows. Maybe Flores is a Biden guy, Fitz a Trump guy like Brady and BB are. Or could be Fitz blew up at Flores behind closed doors football related. Or this could have been the plan all along and they planned to NOT be 3-3 and Fitz NOT being good, but, considering Miami has been one of the hottest teams in the NFL in the last 4 weeks, it's a bad look. Sometimes the plan, has to be adjusted. It just doesnt sit well with me, something else has to be at play here.
Jerry Jones is a hands on owner/GM when any decision works out well and he blames the coach or player or his dog, when it doesn't. However, he also has a team who analyze every prospective draft pick. He also has his son, Stephen, involved in the process. Remember when Jerry was hot for Johnny Manziel but his son and the Cowboys personnel people said no and he ended up drafting an O-lineman who turned out a great pick. Jerry has this mystique that he makes every single snap decision but the reality is that he gets the input of others. Do you really think he knows the comparative strengths and weaknesses of prospective 5th round Draft picks?
I'm of the belief that it's a very good thing that Stephen Ross isn't a "hands-on" owner like Jerry Jones.

32,000 more homes watched the last 2 minutes of the Dolphins game when the score was already 24 - 0. I'm not a financial advisor, but it's definitely way more profitable (financially) to start Tua. In my opinion, this was also a business decision. Fitzmagic was playing well enough to keep his starting job.

One person comments about politics, even mentioning a name leads a rabbit hole. Thats why everything gets deleted. It is what it is... deal with it

Back
Top Bottom