Who actually made the decision to start Tua? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who actually made the decision to start Tua?

The way we've seen and heard about Flores and Grier working together and appearing on the same page, i'm not sure it even matters that much. Pretty sure it wasn't Ross because he's proven to be a non-meddler. Probably Flo, probably discussed with Grier. Flo did mention the injury timeline during that first press conference after it was "announced", partly just trying to deflect a question but still, it was at least a consideration with the timing.

Yep. Anyone who has seen the QB tape and doesnt see it is a waste of time to talk shop with. Probably can't even identify the ask on the TE tape.

Tua knows the ask. Lost count at the number of times I've seen this kid move safeties with his eyes only to work back across the field, or use those hashes to lead his receivers in stride. I was trying to watch the tackle tape on Leatherwood earlier this week but couldn't take my eyes off Tua.

I remember. Anybody who put the QB tape on from Alabama and didn't come away prepared to give up whatever it took to get Tua is a bozo.
I remember not being sold on him. I accepted the reality of what we were doing and the more I watched with an open mind, the more I realized why this guy was our main target.

Seeing him carry Alabama against LSU on a bad ankle against a vastly superior team at the time was incredible.

TV ratings spiked.....

Here in fly over country the wind switched from due south to due North. And the heavens opened up. It was truly epic.

The simplest answer is typically the right one. Coach Flores isn't blind.

People acting as if it's so strange we benched a QB who has 10 Touchdowns and 7 Ints on the year with a hell of a lot more that have been dropped after drafting one of the most pro-ready, and prolific College QBs of all time #5 Overall.

Hell, Gardner Minshew just got benched playing better with literally no backup plan behind him.

Fitz wasn't playing as well as a lot of people seem to think, we had a bye-week come early, and we're in contention for the division.

No conspiracy theory needed.

....or maybe it was Tua's dad who blackmailed Flores & Ross into starting Tua.

Count me as a vote for... they always intended to play him after the bye week.

i don't think the coach has a choice, everyone knows that Tua has to play sometime this year. if the fins are in a playoff position come later in the year with Fitz as QB, how would he be able to switch Fitz for Tua ? that would be a $hit show... this is the right decision IMO Tua has to play, even though Fitz played really well for us he knew that this day would come.

The fact that Flo made up the excuse after a loooooooong awkward pause and I paraphrase “what if it was your kid out there (after a catastrophic injury)” - tells me that He wanted Tua in there ASAP because Tua was going to be thrust in there anyways if Fitz got dinged up

But I agree with many posters before me that they had predetermined that Tua would start after the Bye regardless of record

We learned that FLo Last year that he wants to win and Tua’s game is to score as many points as possible - and Fitz well... he didn’t capitalize enough against Buf NE and Seattle

Anyone who thinks Fitz didn’t leave points and plays on the field in each of these games and the second halves of Jags and Jets - is well .... .... .....

Points that is the new NFL

That is very important teams can’t afford to go conservative - this is not an anomaly because of Covid this is a trend dating back to last year in the POs

Teams are better geared to go toe to toe as the refs love to throw the flag and continue drive and the rules favour the Offense anyways

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom