Who are some candidates to play slot receiver for the Dolphins in 2020? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who are some candidates to play slot receiver for the Dolphins in 2020?

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

Florida’ Van Jefferson

Cost: 56th/70th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft

Jefferson catches the ball really well in traffic, which will make him an asset in Miami’s horizontal spread attack under Gailey. With a heavy down hill run presence, the Dolphins stand to flourish from putting LBs in a bind and taking advantage of spacing issues to hit the defense over the middle. Jefferson frequently ate as a middle of the field receiver with the Gators and showed off some impressive route running at January’s Senior Bowl.

Arizona State’s Brandon Aiyuk

Cost: 56th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft

Aiyuk thrived at Arizona State as a tunnel screen and in traffic receiver — he’s got a large catch radius, explosive qualities and the ability to force a missed tackle and make house calls in the quick game. He feels like a strong fit for what Miami is looking to do and if the Dolphins feel an early investment is necessary to upgrade the slot, he’s a name that would add another dynamic to the receiver group with his twitchiness.

I would take Justin Jefferson of LSU at #18, depending on who else is available there. Miami needs some help in the slot. Neither Wilson or Grant are dependable enough. Obviously, the need isn't as big as some others like offensive tackles, or safety. Miami could get by with the group they currently have.

I would take Justin Jefferson of LSU at #18, depending on who else is available there. Miami needs some help in the slot. Neither Wilson or Grant are dependable enough. Obviously, the need isn't as big as some others like offensive tackles, or safety. Miami could get by with the group they currently have.
Zero chance at 18. They need o-linemen my friend. Can not afford another WR at that slot.

Like I’m serious day 3 will be littered witb them either size options that don’t separate and play to one speed or small 2 way go types etc or guys coming off injury.

I will be real disappointed if Miami overdrafts the ask.

Zero chance at 18. They need o-linemen my friend. Can not afford another WR at that slot.
I doubt they go wide receiver there, but that could fit BPA.

No question, offensive tackle is a bigger need. I think Miami needs a LT and RT.

Hurns is a jag but so are some of those day 3 size options in the draft. They got to win with physicality and frame. very one speed.

but some offer more above the head catch radius than hurns.

Hurns is a jag but so are some of those day 3 size options in the draft. They got to win with physicality and frame. very one speed.

Honest question. I don't use social media. Is "jag" a negative term like jag off? Or is it a acronym of some sort?

Some underestimate (ignore?) the intellect needed to play slot. Sometimes the 2nd/3rd fastest guy is the better slot. Now, I'm not discounting speed/quickness, but it's not the only factor.

Back
Top Bottom