Who cares who we pick at #6! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who cares who we pick at #6!

Yes... in college... vs. 18 and 19 year olds.

We've discussed the differences between men and boys previously.
It's not that different, we've discussed that as well
He's 6'1" with long arms and great hands, he's quick and agile and had great success against future NFL players in the red zone.
looks like a threat from anywhere on the field, imo

It's not that different, we've discussed that as well
He's 6'1" with long arms and great hands, he's quick and agile and had great success against future NFL players in the red zone.
looks like a threat from anywhere on the field, imo
His lack of weight and core strength will be a severe hindrance once he starts facing men and balanced teams...

He looks like a WR2 to me...

A nice pick in the second round.

Considering Flores and company and their ability to coach guys up, I can appreciate people being optimistic. I am too. However, we really need to make #6 count and, for that matter, #18 too. Last year, Grier showed he was willing to take a developmental guy in Noah Iginoghene at #30. I understand the need and still have high hopes for him, but this year, I would rather see him go with more of a sure thing at #18 - if that is even possible, LOL. :-)

His lack of weight and core strength will be a severe hindrance once he starts facing men and balanced teams...

He looks like a WR2 to me...

A nice pick in the second round.
the starting corners for South Carolina and Ole Miss are bigger than the starters for Buffalo or New England. But they are older...
also, how do you measure core strength?

All these guys were in college:rolleyes:
And most of them never sniff the field in the NFL.

There is a HUGE upgrade in quality between the two leagues.

Smith said that his toughest opponent... was Iggy... who sits in the NFL.

I really don't think that Parsons is in play at # 6.
I like him and hope we can nab him at # 18.
But I think they traded back up to # 6 for offense difference maker where there are several good options.
They could have stayed at # 12 and had a legitimate chance at Parsons.
I tend to agree with you, but make no mistake...Parsons is worthy of the 6th pick and as long as we aren’t passing on Pitts? I can get on board with it and coming back with another receiver later. Elijah Moore at #36?

I’d be pretty excited to see M.Parsons in this defense! Pitts is my #1 want but I love watching a defense dominate an opponent.
I would love Parsons, At one point he was the one I wanted at 3, but our biggest issue is on offense, and we absolutely need to use our premium pick on a weapon for Tua.

On the other hand if 18 comes, and Parsons for whatever reason is still there, I think I might feel angry if they even take a minute to decide...Unless the problem child rumor with him is very real, and our staff is sure of it. Take Collins then, we still could use an all-purpose LB.

It lines up with Miami's needs and picks rather well. Collins is projected mid 20s, and his scheme fits seem to be more with teams picking in the 20s

If we drafted a guy like Parsons @ 18, that'd be a pick that people would be looking 3 years back on, saying "How the **** did he fall?"

I truly believe he'd be an all pro under Flores

The future is looking good to be a Dolphin fan. A coach that coaches up players, a GM wheeling and dealing to secure more and more draft capital...
Sorry, but although Grier does a fine job at getting more picks, I have no faith in him drafting the right players that will bring this team back to relevance.

In any case, we invested a #5 in Tua, and it doesn't make sense to not give him a fair shot.

Exactly right, it doesn’t make any sense.

It’s maddening to see so many shortsighted people in the media and on this forum actually lobbying to move on from Tua after 9 starts — all while coming off major injury and not having full camp or preseason games.

I mean, if there‘s more ridiculous thinking than that I’m not sure I’ve seen or heard it yet.

Unfortunately it’s becoming par for the course among this instant gratification generation.

What’s even more laughable is many of these instant gratification’ers are lauding Josh Allen and his development all while not realizing or considering that had MIA drafted Allen, these braniacs would have already kicked him off the island well before the breakout season he just had.

And many of these same braniacs are littering the Ryan Tannehill threads on a daily basis still upset that MIA gave up on him after SIX seasons.

In short, there’s no winning with these people. They have no foresight and judge everything from hindsight.

If you got Pitts at 6 , I would love to move up maybe 13 , and grab Parsons. Still having 2 picks in the top 50 to get a wo and rb.

This draft is so interesting because of the 4 early picks. We spent a lot of resources on the OL and an extra CB last year.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins go Smith to give Tua a familiar target but then get 2 DEs and a LB with the next 3 picks. Center in the 3rd. Late RB.

Back
Top Bottom