who closed the offensive playbook last night? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who closed the offensive playbook last night?

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
3 tosses and we went nowhere....wouldn't you think that after failing twice you should throw it out of the playbook?

Then the bootleg, which happened to work the first time we tried it due to Lemon's ability to scramble.....but then we tried it 2 more times and the Jets were all over it....

Is this playcalling due to the limitation of Lemon's knowledge of the playbook? Same repetive plays....why couldn;t we get more creative?

The coaching staff is clueless on how to run an offense. They did great running the ball and they should have kept doing it.

3 tosses and we went nowhere....wouldn't you think that after failing twice you should throw it out of the playbook?

Then the bootleg, which happened to work the first time we tried it due to Lemon's ability to scramble.....but then we tried it 2 more times and the Jets were all over it....

Is this playcalling due to the limitation of Lemon's knowledge of the playbook? Same repetive plays....why couldn;t we get more creative?

iTS EITHER THAT OR mULARKEY. My guess its Lemon's lack of the playbook but knowing Mularkey it could just be as easily him. We'll know after Indy. Rollouts against that outside defensive speed will go nowhere so he'll have to stay in the pocket and due to the fact the Colts run the cover 2 he'll have to dink and dunk like Harrington with the occasional play action. Hopefully we just run Ronnie 30 times but considering the fact that two of our DBs got banged up and we're facing the Colts its a good bet we'll be behind in the 2nd half and forced to throw. This one could be ugly

The play calling isn't the only thing that has been atrocious. The play designing is a lot of the problem IMO. We don't set guys on the right routes at the right times. We wont go anywhere until Mularkey does. :mad:

Its going to be hard to ever find a good Qb because IMO due to the shatty play calling/plays/OC's our Wide Recievers can never get open...EVER. Our Qb's are always forced to throw into tight spots. So we either need to make better plays/call better plays, or keep it real simple and hit Randy McMicheal and Wes Welker in short slot and out routes and msot of the time just run it.

no offense but, why don't the second and third string QBs know the playbook?

its the damn 3rd and long plays where the QB dumps it off short to his safety valve, which is invariably Sammy Morris or Ronnie Brown or Randy McMike who is lined up WITH the line of scrimmage just to get tackled by 3 opponents for no gain.

and we do that on 3rd down ALL THE TIME.

see my sig.

enough said.

lemon is our longest tenured qb he has been on the team longer than any other qb we got he has no excuse for not knowing the playboiok. mularkee loves throwing the 5 yard out on third and long useally its the screen to the tb. its just stupid . when i can sit hundreds of miles away and watch our offense on tv and predict our plays im pretty sure a dc making millons who is actually in the stadium probably can to

lemon is our longest tenured qb he has been on the team longer than any other qb we got he has no excuse for not knowing the playboiok. mularkee loves throwing the 5 yard out on third and long useally its the screen to the tb. its just stupid . when i can sit hundreds of miles away and watch our offense on tv and predict our plays im pretty sure a dc making millons who is actually in the stadium probably can to

:lol:

So true. I hate Malarkey.

im not sure why so many people here assume lemon doesnt know the playbook. the more obvious answer is that the play calling was kept simple to help out a QB who is getting the most significant playing time of his career late in the year against a playoff team

Wait, are you saying screen passes on 3rd and 9 are bad play calls?

:sidelol:

we have an ofensive playbook?? I thought they just drew the plays up in the dirt prior to the snap.

Back
Top Bottom