who deserves the top pick in the draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who deserves the top pick in the draft?

kastofsna120

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
records aside, who truly deserves the top pick in the draft? i'm going to list some teams here:

1: houston texans (2-12)
2: san francisco 49ers (2-12)
3: new york jets (3-11)
4: new orleans saints (3-11)
5: green bay packers (3-11)
6: detroit lions (4-10)

houston has only 2 wins, but they've had some close games and near-wins. san francisco has been tough on some teams, but completely demolished in other games. the jets have had injuries at key positions, and the QB play has been completely miserable. the saints suck. the packers are another injury-plagued team. the lions are a COMPLETE trainwreck. if i had to pick THE WORST TEAMS in the league, i'd go in this order:

1: san francisco
2: houston
3: detroit
4: new orleans saints
5: green bay packers
6: new york jets

opinions?

the problem I see for some of those teams is that they have been so bad for so long... eventually the financial aspects of the salary cap have to take an affect.. when making top 5 picks every year.

I cant help but to think a few of those teams would do better if they could.. in trading their 1st rd pick for a few lower round picks. it would make financial sense and all of those teams have a number of positions to address.

this might be the year we CAN make a move for a QB if we really want one.

The Lions have just been terrible for too long. I feel sorry for any Lion fans out there, especially in the past 10 years.

Fish_Fan4Life said:
The Lions have just been terrible for too long. I feel sorry for any Lion fans out there, especially in the past 10 years.

It can all change if they trade up ans delect Leinart with Kevin Jones Mike Williams Charles Rogers Roy Williams MArcus pollard that can be good

1-49ers: they need a QB really bad
2-Saints
3-Lions
4-Texans
5-Packers
6-Ravens

Did you guys see the protest march and the lions fan that sold his fanship on Ebay? gotta be the Lions

1-49ers: dont need a qb alex smith......OL

Have you seen him play at all? They need a QB BAD. I said it when they drafted him that it would set them back 3-5 years because he does not have the talent to be an NFL QB. Already he's the worst #1 pick in history.

If I was the Niners I'd rather have Ronnie Brown and Matt Leinart than Alex Smith and Reggie Bush. They should've held out a year. Yay to us!!

SMadison29 said:
Have you seen him play at all? They need a QB BAD. I said it when they drafted him that it would set them back 3-5 years because he does not have the talent to be an NFL QB. Already he's the worst #1 pick in history.

Classic case of leaving college too early and only leaving for the money, going to an awful team and getting shafted. He should pan out in a few years but for now, yuck.

SMadison29 said:

I agree completely. Smith doesnt have the talent to be a quality NFL Qb, Im not sure what the scouts saw in him, his armstrength is weak and hes just not going to succeed in an NFL offense. He played one of the gimmick offenses that pad numbers in college.
Honestly Id draft Leinart and deal with the cap ramifications best I could. They will not ever have a winning season under Smith.
I think the ASmith draft pick will lead to the owners pushing hard for a rookie salary cap type system. In the NBA if you crapped out with the #1 overall you wouldnt be in cap hell for years over it, youd be setback and it would suck but you could draft a player in the same position and get rid of the guy in 3 years. Will be interesting because this pick destroyed this team and they really cant get out of it.

did anyone see jaworski on sportscenter?

"i started watching some film on alex smith this year, and i noticed that he doesn't have the kind of arm to make it in the NFL"

jeez, ya think? i've said that for quite a while now. smith took advantage of a VERY weak class, and kudos to him for getting the money. i don't know about worst #1 pick in HISTORY, though

Back
Top Bottom