Who Did We Miss Out On By Trading For Rosen? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Did We Miss Out On By Trading For Rosen?

We could’ve also stayed where we were at originally in the 2nd and taken Eric McCoy who the Saints took and will probably go on to be a pro bowl center.

First things first. I didn't want to trade our 2nd round pick(#48)cause I felt we could have Rosen for our 3rd round pick(#78) and I guess our FO felt the same way because we didn't trade that 48 selection. We moved back to 62 and got an extra 2nd round pick in 2020. So that made me feel better about the trade. Now lets just say that we told Arizona we'd only trade our 78 picks for him plus that 5th rounder in 2020 and Arizona said no. That leaves two choices. Make the trade and give up that 62nd pick or keep the pick and draft a player at 62. Now I'm going to post a list of the players that were selected from 62 which is the pick we traded away and 77 which is one spot ahead of our 3rd round pick at 78.

I'm doing this to give everyone a chance to look at who we could have drafted if we had not traded for Rosen and after looking at the list, I'm happy we made the trade. There are some good players on that list but the impact a QB like Rosen could have for us imo is greater than what any of those players could have. 5 WR and 3 RB's were taken and I highly doubt we'd have drafted those two positions that high. Also two TE's and one DT that we were not drafting. There's two guys there that I like (Allen and Winovich but again, we're talking about talent wise the best QB we've had since Dan left. Here's the list

62-Andy Isabella-WR

63-Juan Thornhill-S

64-DK Metcalf-WR

64-Zach Allen-DE

66-Diontae Johnson-WR

67-Jalen Hurd-WR

68-Jachai Polite-DE

69-Josh Oliver-TE

70-Darrell Henderson-RB

71-Dremont Jones-DT

72-Germaine Pratt-LB

73-David Montgomery-RB

74-Devin Singletary-RB

75-Jace Sternberger-TE

76-Terry Mclaurin-WR

77-Chace Winovich-DE

Now I'm sure some of these players will be good NFL players but I don't see one on that list that I want to trade Rosen for at this point. Just my opinion of course. What's yours.

The premise of your post is just flat wrong. Arizona wasn’t taking a 3rd. We know that from post draft reports from Grier. Postulate all you want but we did take Rosen after a trade down.

I'm perfectly fine with the Rosen trade. Fair deal and a shot at a franchise QB with an easy out if he sucks. I fully support that.

The premise of your post is just flat wrong. Arizona wasn’t taking a 3rd. We know that from post draft reports from Grier. Postulate all you want but we did take Rosen after a trade down.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. I'm fine with the trade after we traded back to 62. Are you saying you're not happy with the trade or am I not understanding what you're saying?

I think I would have stayed at 48, picked McCoy and called the Cardinals bluff by offering our 3rd and the 5th from next season. I might be wrong, but at the time, that's what I thought.

Take McCoy, and then trade up a few spots for Winovich. Homerun draft. Wilkins, McCoy and Winovich. But whatevs...go Rosen

Back
Top Bottom