Who Did We Miss Out On By Trading For Rosen? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Did We Miss Out On By Trading For Rosen?

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
First things first. I didn't want to trade our 2nd round pick(#48)cause I felt we could have Rosen for our 3rd round pick(#78) and I guess our FO felt the same way because we didn't trade that 48 selection. We moved back to 62 and got an extra 2nd round pick in 2020. So that made me feel better about the trade. Now lets just say that we told Arizona we'd only trade our 78 picks for him plus that 5th rounder in 2020 and Arizona said no. That leaves two choices. Make the trade and give up that 62nd pick or keep the pick and draft a player at 62. Now I'm going to post a list of the players that were selected from 62 which is the pick we traded away and 77 which is one spot ahead of our 3rd round pick at 78.

I'm doing this to give everyone a chance to look at who we could have drafted if we had not traded for Rosen and after looking at the list, I'm happy we made the trade. There are some good players on that list but the impact a QB like Rosen could have for us imo is greater than what any of those players could have. 5 WR and 3 RB's were taken and I highly doubt we'd have drafted those two positions that high. Also two TE's and one DT that we were not drafting. There's two guys there that I like (Allen and Winovich but again, we're talking about talent wise the best QB we've had since Dan left. Here's the list

62-Andy Isabella-WR

63-Juan Thornhill-S

64-DK Metcalf-WR

64-Zach Allen-DE

66-Diontae Johnson-WR

67-Jalen Hurd-WR

68-Jachai Polite-DE

69-Josh Oliver-TE

70-Darrell Henderson-RB

71-Dremont Jones-DT

72-Germaine Pratt-LB

73-David Montgomery-RB

74-Devin Singletary-RB

75-Jace Sternberger-TE

76-Terry Mclaurin-WR

77-Chace Winovich-DE

Now I'm sure some of these players will be good NFL players but I don't see one on that list that I want to trade Rosen for at this point. Just my opinion of course. What's yours.

Now I'm sure some of these players will be good NFL players but I don't see one on that list that I want to trade Rosen for at this point. Just my opinion of course. What's yours.

I agree Danny... Some think too much talent was left on the board but I haven't read who would be better for us... I don't see it

We have a future top 10 QB on a rookie contract or, Rosen is a bust and we have him and Fitz to get us through (and we are set up with 12-14 draft picks and a friendlier cap)

Could be worse... I like it

First things first. I didn't want to trade our 2nd round pick(#48)cause I felt we could have Rosen for our 3rd round pick(#78) and I guess our FO felt the same way because we didn't trade that 48 selection. We moved back to 62 and got an extra 2nd round pick in 2020. So that made me feel better about the trade. Now lets just say that we told Arizona we'd only trade our 78 picks for him plus that 5th rounder in 2020 and Arizona said no. That leaves two choices. Make the trade and give up that 62nd pick or keep the pick and draft a player at 62. Now I'm going to post a list of the players that were selected from 62 which is the pick we traded away and 77 which is one spot ahead of our 3rd round pick at 78.

I'm doing this to give everyone a chance to look at who we could have drafted if we had not traded for Rosen and after looking at the list, I'm happy we made the trade. There are some good players on that list but the impact a QB like Rosen could have for us imo is greater than what any of those players could have. 5 WR and 3 RB's were taken and I highly doubt we'd have drafted those two positions that high. Also two TE's and one DT that we were not drafting. There's two guys there that I like (Allen and Winovich but again, we're talking about talent wise the best QB we've had since Dan left. Here's the list

62-Andy Isabella-WR

63-Juan Thornhill-S

64-DK Metcalf-WR

64-Zach Allen-DE

66-Diontae Johnson-WR

67-Jalen Hurd-WR

68-Jachai Polite-DE

69-Josh Oliver-TE

70-Darrell Henderson-RB

71-Dremont Jones-DT

72-Germaine Pratt-LB

73-David Montgomery-RB

74-Devin Singletary-RB

75-Jace Sternberger-TE

76-Terry Mclaurin-WR

77-Chace Winovich-DE

No one on that list can have anywhere near the impact of Rosen if he lives up to his talent level.

62-Andy Isabella-WR

63-Juan Thornhill-S

64-DK Metcalf-WR

64-Zach Allen-DE

66-Diontae Johnson-WR

67-Jalen Hurd-WR

68-Jachai Polite-DE

69-Josh Oliver-TE

70-Darrell Henderson-RB

71-Dremont Jones-DT

72-Germaine Pratt-LB

73-David Montgomery-RB

74-Devin Singletary-RB

75-Jace Sternberger-TE

76-Terry Mclaurin-WR

77-Chace Winovich-DE

I'd rather have Justin Layne, than Rosen for a 2nd and a 4th...easy

EDIT: plus the 4th rder

Last edited:
We as Dolphins know better than anyone that without that QB that list is meaningless. There's not a player on that list that could potentially impact your organization like the guy playing the QB position.
And that's my whole point. There are players on that list that will help you win games but there is not a player on that list that can change your whole organization like a top 10 QB can. There's only one reason why you'd pick a player on that list over Rosen. You just don't feel Rosen can be a top QB and when I say you I'm talking about people in general.

I dont like Rosen and I dont think he's the anwser at QB... But what the Fins gave up is irrelevant... The whole process started because they had targeted him... The price was dead set at 2nd rounder, they didnt want to pay that price so they traded down to lower the cost of getting him. Rosen didnt effectively cost a second, he cost a 15 spot drop down and a couple of late picks. This is NFL backup value. Anyway you slice it, worst case scenario is you paid backup value for a backup.

Upside here is worth mentioning. Imagine if the Fins go in next years draft with their future franchise QB ALREADY on the roster at the cost of 6M for 4 seasons. With 15+ draft picks and 100M+ cap space.... Think about it...

62-Andy Isabella-WR

63-Juan Thornhill-S

64-DK Metcalf-WR

64-Zach Allen-DE

66-Diontae Johnson-WR

67-Jalen Hurd-WR

68-Jachai Polite-DE

69-Josh Oliver-TE

70-Darrell Henderson-RB

71-Dremont Jones-DT

72-Germaine Pratt-LB

73-David Montgomery-RB

74-Devin Singletary-RB

75-Jace Sternberger-TE

76-Terry Mclaurin-WR

77-Chace Winovich-DE

What does it matter. Rosen is here. Can't change it

Back
Top Bottom