who DID you want? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who DID you want?

Barton. Banker and would be a Dolphin for years. Not knocking the picks but some are projects. Barton would be starting from day 1 or at least mid season.

Only pick I wasn’t happy with was Paul because I want help immediately for interior online

What i would have tried to do is all hypothetical...

R1 - I would have tried everything to get in front of Pittsburgh to get Fautanu. Everyone and their brother knew they wanted OL, so they were taking Fautanu or Barton. If you weren't comfortable with Barton, i would have tried to jump them....using a 2025 pick.

If no teams were willing to play, i would have taking Quinyon Mitchell or Graham Barton.
- Mitchell was value as a premium position. X is gone. Ramsey is aging. Fuller on 2 year deal (which is when Ramsey is likely gone). Cam Smith has shown nothing. You have your future outside CB and if he proves himself early, it allows you to move Ramsey around to cover TEs (Kelce, Andrews, Kincaid) or bump Fuller into the slot where he play a LOT in Washington.
- Barton gives you immediate starter Day 1 at Guard and potential future Center if Brewer doesn't work out (you can get out of his deal in 2 years). Center is key for this offense, so forward thinking isn't a bad thing when the guy can be immediate impact guard right off the bat.....also helps with roster flexibility to play OT in a pinch.

R2 - If i was not able to move up in R1, i would have tried again in R2 with Day 3 picks and 2025 picks. My targets.....Jer'zhan Newton or Cooper Dejean. Both guys were R1 players IMO.
- Newton replaces what you lost in Wilkins. He's really good with his hands inside and getting quick QB pressure.
- Dejean gives you flexibility on the back end. He could play outside to kick Fuller inside. He could play nickel corner and keep Fuller outside. He can play safety bc our depth there is lacking. And he can return punts....so it allows you to get rid of Berrios bc that WR room is full of smurfs and you can only keep so many.

If no teams were willing to deal (eventhough there were a LOT of trades), i would have taken Kingsley Suamataia. To me, he is a smoother athlete with better balance than Paul and heavy hands, a guy i see as better fit in this scheme. Plus, i do think he could play guard in the short-term, something i can't see with Paul. Paul plays high and has balance issues when he gets in trouble (both guys have hand placement issues). The balance issue at his height is why i can't see him inside.
I was disappointed at first but after some reflection I understand and approve. After looking at Draftbuzz both have issues in the run game, but Paul has more experience and better numbers in pass pro and the run game. Kingsley played better competition. Both move pretty good but one is a little better athlete, the other is slightly bigger. I'm happy with Paul. Barton was till there but that's too high for a guard and the other so-called "ready to play" guy's were gone.

I don't really understand why Paul's technique would have to be stripped down and completely rebuilt? The kids already pretty good, just needs refinement. That's where Barry and Armstead will be beneficial.

"and Paul can have his technique stripped down and be completely rebuilt and hopefully game worthy at some point in the season in case we need him, but hopefully ready to rock next year and step in at either of the tackle positions in that AJ may be able to play on either side by then as well."

I don't really understand why Paul's technique would have to be stripped down and completely rebuilt? The kids already pretty good, just needs refinement. That's where Barry and Armstead will be beneficial.

"and Paul can have his technique stripped down and be completely rebuilt and hopefully game worthy at some point in the season in case we need him, but hopefully ready to rock next year and step in at either of the tackle positions in that AJ may be able to play on either side by then as well."
the bad news is his run game needs a lot of work to.

Hope he make the transition

Back
Top Bottom