Who do these guys resemble | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who do these guys resemble

UCFinfan86

Oronde Gadsden's Official #1 Fan
Reaction score
I am a big Dan Orlovsky and Craphonso Thorpe Fan. Actually make that Uconn and FSU fan. Who do you guys think these players compare to?

Dan Orlovsky
Cra Thorpe
Bryant McFadden
Chris Rix

Only one I know enough of is Rix... would have to be someone like Leaf... all the physical tools, but needs a new brain.

i wouldn't say Leaf because leaf was projected to be a Probowler. Rix is a project 6-7 rounder if drafted at all.

Finfan86 said:
i wouldn't say Leaf because leaf was projected to be a Probowler. Rix is a project 6-7 rounder if drafted at all.
I see Rix as being a Ken Dorsey or Chris Weinke.... pretty decent in college but downright crappy in the NFL.

Wait.. That guy's name is CRAPHONSO??? Wow.. His parents hated him for sure!

Finfan86 said:
I am a big Dan Orlovsky and Craphonso Thorpe Fan. Actually make that Uconn and FSU fan. Who do you guys think these players compare to?

Dan Orlovsky
Cra Thorpe
Bryant McFadden
Chris Rix
Torpe reminds me of Snoop Minnis. Both have decent speed, but are to skinny and not much of a threat over the middle. Both are also easily jammed at the line.

I see Rix as being a Ken Dorsey or Chris Weinke.... pretty decent in college but downright crappy in the NFL.

If that's what you see, you need glasses. Rix was a joke.

Finfan86 said:

Dan Orlovsky
Cra Thorpe
Bryant McFadden
Chris Rix
Not my thoughts, but here is the Sporting News thoughts:

Dan Orlovsky compares to Chad Pennington
Craphonso Thorpe compares to Travis Taylor
Bryant McFadden compares to Samari Rolle
Chris Rix compares to Mike McMahon

Finfan86 said:

Dan Orlovsky
Cra Thorpe
Bryant McFadden
Chris Rix

Here goes!

Dan Orlovsky in college reminded me alot of Ben Roethlisberger...not saying hes in the same category but Orlovsky's arm is for real...bad thing is he has a real slow release. Will Go on Day 2...but i dont really think hes gonna be that special

Craphonso Thorpe reminds me alot of Todd Pinkston from the philly eagles...there both tall and lanky and can run really fast. Thorpe has decent hands but he cant take a hit at all...I say he'll be drafted early day 2, probobly 4th or 5th round

Bryant McFadden is actually a really good shut down corner who relies on his athleticism to beat his opponent. Someone will grab him in the 2nd round for sure. The kid reminds me alot of Patrick Surtain!

Chris Rix...jeesh you sure do like these seminoles huh! Rix reminds me alot of Mike Mcmahon...Rix has a pretty good arm and hes very mobile running a mid 4.5 40 and overall he looks like a good qb prospect. But the guy cant read defenses very well and he makes lots of bad mistakes under center...i say he'll get drafted 5th round maybe even after jason white!

not really sure who they compair to but nice to see another gadsden fan

SkapePhin said:
Wait.. That guy's name is CRAPHONSO??? Wow.. His parents hated him for sure!

Not as much as the parents of former NASCAR driver Dick Trickle. He had to have been an accident or something for them to name him after an STD symptom

I haven't seen much of Orlovsky, but I have seen plenty of the FSU being up here in Tally. Thorpe was a very, very good WR before he broke his leg. He was no where near the same player last year, but IMO whoever ends up with him will be getting a steal. Now that he is getting fully healed he is a good deep threat. I would compare him to Chris Chambers.

Rix is more talented than people give him credit for. He has all the physical tools you look for in a QB: Great arm, great accuracy at times, and super athleticism. Watch him against UF and you can see what he is capable of. The obvious problem is his head. I still think with the right coaching he could end up being a player. He is just too talented. That being said I wouldnt spend higher than a 7th on him though because it is hard to develop mental makeup. He has the talent of a Donovan McNabb, but will probably end up as a Mike McMahon

McFadden is a guy I was never incredibly high on, but seems to be pretty highly rated. Maybe I just never noticed him because he wasn't challenged much or maybe I was just drooling over the potential of his partner in crime Antonio Cromartie who will be a star. The Samari Rolle comparison seems to be a good one for McFadden.

Gadsden86 said:
not really sure who they compair to but nice to see another gadsden fan

I loved Orande man, I was so sad when he had that ankle injury and pretty much never came back.

How bout Corey Webster as a possible steal in the 3rd. He might slide to there. He'll be a great steal for Saban who like CBs with long arms and Webster was his own CB at LSU.

Back
Top Bottom