Who Do We Pick ? ? ? ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Do We Pick ? ? ? ?

The Fins Should Draft______ _With a Top 5 Pick in 2006 ? ? ?

• Eric Winston

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Chris Leak

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Matt Leinart

Votes: 31 43.1%
  • D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Trade The Pick !

Votes: 9 12.5%

• Total voters

dolfreak

RoNNiE 4 MVP
Reaction score
I really hope the Dolphins have a Great season (at least 7+ wins) , but if they happen to end up with a top 5 pick theres a nice list of guys i have in mind that can be a tremendous pickup:

1. Eric Winston, OT, Miami: Best O-Lineman specimen since Bryant McKinney. The former tight end has turned himself into an impressive left tackle prospect. If Winston can recover successfully from a knee injury suffered last season, he has a chance to be a great offensive lineman.

2. Matt Leinart, QB, USC: Could possibly be the first college player ever to win 3+ Championships and 2 Heismans. A tremendously efficient quarterback who sees the entire field and makes good decisions with the ball. Leinart has excellent pocket awareness and is precise with his ball placement, allowing receivers to make the most of the catch.

3. D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia: Left tackle specimen. Ferguson has long arms and great position technique, which allow him to control defensive ends in pass protection and move them in run blocking. He could stand to add a little weight to his frame, but Ferguson has no other real deficiencies.

4. Chris Leak, QB, Florida: Extremely athletic and efficient. When it comes to prospects at the QB position, Chris Leak may be the nation's finest. With another terrific season, the Junior to be could set many of the National passing records. Urban Meyer will help him flourish in the passing game.

I think both Reggie Bush and Adrian Peterson will declare and potentially be top 5 picks, but we already got a RB in Ronnie.

Umm...Ill let you know at the end of the season. All depends on how Feeley does and how our LT performs.

Im pulling for AJ too but if we have a top 5 pick its still nice to groom a Chris Leak.

i do not see us having the top 5 pick again for a long time, but if we do we need some OL love. leinart is out of the question because the bottom 2 picks are gonna be san fran and cleveland. count on that.

dolfreak said:
Im pulling for AJ too but if we have a top 5 pick its still nice to groom a Chris Leak.

Omar Jacobs will go before Chris Leak..

Assuming we suck again (and I don't think we will, but we'll assume for the sake of argument) and have the choice of those guys, Leinart is the guy. Believe me, I'm a HUGE advocate of a franchise left tackle, but a franchise QB is even more rare. Leinart is going to be a star in the NFL. Bet the farm on it.

SwimminInIndy said:
i do not see us having the top 5 pick again for a long time, but if we do we need some OL love. leinart is out of the question because the bottom 2 picks are gonna be san fran and cleveland. count on that.

I can see that to. But I can also see Saban tradeing up to get a Franchise QB if he thinks that is the biggest need. He was trying to this year but his offer wasnt good enough.

Adrian Peterson can not declare for the draft. D'Brickshaw is a better LT prospect than Winston IMO. If Matt Leinart is there I think he should be the pick if Aj does not improve. If he improves than I think a LT is taken, but Rod Wright should also be considered.

We better not draft Leak. I don't want him AT ALL. The guy is a waste.

Back
Top Bottom