• Braylon Edwards

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Mike Williams

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

Phinfan31

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
QB? WR? RB? I think we'll sign a QB. I dont think Feeley is the future by any means, I think he will even be beaten by Gus for the starting job and if thats the case Gus is old and wont last very long. We wont be high like this in the draft again so we have to take our shot at a franchise QB NOW! I think we take Alex Smith after SanFran takes Rodgers. He is a very intelligent QB and a student of the game. He will succeed in the NFL and I think Saban really likes him. Sabans made it very clear that he believes the QB position is vital to the success of the offense. He will want a QB for the future. With the #2 I think the Dolphins will take Alex Smith.

Phinfan31 said:
QB? WR? RB? I think we'll sign Alex Smith.

Personally I would want Edwards, but people here eat me alive when I mention it. But I like Ronnie Brown out of all the RB's.

Why do you count Caddy out of that??? YOu have no idea if Saban likes him or not more then the others....

knight6jb said:
Why do you count Caddy out of that??? YOu have no idea if Saban likes him or not more then the others....

Because Caddy is not #2 talent. He definately wont be taken that high and im almost positive he will be the 3rd RB taken..

I would rather have Brown, but Caddy should be in the poll.
Phinfan31 said:
Because Caddy is not #2 talent. He definately wont be taken that high and im almost positive he will be the 3rd RB taken..

Phinfan31 said:
QB? WR? RB? I think we'll sign a QB. I dont think Feeley is the future by any means, I think he will even be beaten by Gus for the starting job and if thats the case Gus is old and wont last very long. We wont be high like this in the draft again so we have to take our shot at a franchise QB NOW! I think we take Alex Smith after SanFran takes Rodgers. He is a very intelligent QB and a student of the game. He will succeed in the NFL and I think Saban really likes him. Sabans made it very clear that he believes the QB position is vital to the success of the offense. He will want a QB for the future. With the #2 I think the Dolphins will take Alex Smith.

Brown.

Phinfan31 said:

U dont know that!

During the entire week of Senior Bowl practices all Saban would talk about (in every interview he had) was how impressed he was with Cadillac Williams! I prefer Ronnie Brown but any of the following players could be taken at #2!

Alex Smith
Aaron Rodgers
Ronnie Brown
Braylon Edwards
Mike Williams
Cedric Benson
Cadillac Williams
Derrick Johnson

I will scream if we take a QB at 2. Feeley showed enough promise late in the year to give him a chance to do something behind a better line with a better running game without the pressure of a top pick breathing down his neck. Also, considering we signed Gus who is familiar with Linehan's offence does a QB at 2 really make a lot of sense? The only thing drafting Alex Smith does is ensure that we get the best damn clipboard holder we've had in sometime. If A.J. happens to fail Gus will be more than capable of handling the offence for the rest of the year until we can look at replacements in the offseason. No QB will be successful without a solid running game and that includes Alex Smith. Ronnie Brown is the best fit because of his versatility both running the ball and chipping in with the passing game either by blocking or catching the ball out of the backfield. If people want a young QB prospect bad enough wait and take a guy like David Greene for example. Selecting Smith at 2 is in my opinion a wasted pick.

Lets go with the violent running style of benson.

Until there is an answer at RB that does not require somebody drafted in the first round this year, my answer remains Brown.

Back
Top Bottom