who do you take? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who do you take?

Coach_Rob

Club Member
Reaction score
who would you take between these two and why?

ingramavoidstacklelargealmondjpg4aa2e29a-1.jpg

mark ingram

or
PH2009101603435-1.jpg

ryan williams vt

ingram without a doubt, dont get me wrong williams is good but ingram shows exceptional vision, has amazing ability when running in traffic, and has the speed to get around the corner when needed. not only that but he has experience running the wildcat.

Ryan Williams is a great RB, but Ingram is going to be special. You just don't find many RB's with his all around skill-set.

Ingram... he's a special, special football player... with exceptional gifts for the position he plays...

But that's no knock on Ryan Williams either... he's fantastic in his own right.

Alabama's defense hasn't allowed a 100 yard rusher in over 2 years....and I'm here to tell you that Ryan Williams was the best RB Bama's defense faced last season.... had Williams been given the rock 20 times or so... he would've eclipsed the 100 yard mark...

He was averaging 5.5 a pop versus one of the best college defenses that have ever been assembled....and also scored 2 touchdowns..

Keep in mind that was his FIRST game as a starter at the college level.. before he really even knew what he was doing...

Ingram is bigger, faster, more powerful...etc.. and there's simply not a back in college football that you can compare to Ingram in terms of vision and ability to run in traffic...it's truly something to behold.... the closest thing to Ingram in those two categories other than Ryan Williams IMO is probably Quizz Rodgers...but he's a midget...and I LOVE the way that kid runs too...

Mark Ingram was pro ready with his pad level and blitz pick-up as a sophomore last year...

Both of these backs are terrific...

Meh its hard for me to decide...Ingram didnt look that fast while playing..

I wonder what his 40 time is?

anyone know?

Meh its hard for me to decide...Ingram didnt look that fast while playing..

I wonder what his 40 time is?

anyone know?

He's faster than you think.... probably somewhere in the 4.47-4.52 range... he's not a 4.3 guy... he's not a pure "speed" back...(Spiller, Demps, etc.)..

In high school he was 10.69 (100m), 21.9 (200m) guy.... He has a pretty impressive track background in the state of Michigan..

Any 40 times you run across on either of these guys isn't going to be "official"...certainly not in NFL terms... they don't even clock 40 times in college the same way scouts do for NFL prospects... They usually run a 60 yard dash and they take the middle 40 time (10-50 yards)...especially in camps...

Running a fast 40 and playing fast are two different things.... I just don't think it's possible to watch Mark Ingram in pads and come away with the impression that he doesn't look that fast... he's so explosive it's downright scary...

i'm going ingram also...i think he's a low 4.5's guy...he looks faster than emmitt to me...wasn't emmitt like a high 4.6's coming out of florida???

ingrams vision separates him for me from any other back in college football...

quizz rodgers i just don't know if he'll hold up in the pros...mighty lean looking little guy there to me...but explosive

i'm going ingram also...i think he's a low 4.5's guy...he looks faster than emmitt to me...wasn't emmitt like a high 4.6's coming out of florida???

ingrams vision separates him for me from any other back in college football...

when i watch ingram he reminds me so much of emmitt. he does look faster. he has great balance, and can do everything

I hear the Emmitt Smith comparisons constantly... and I really don't like the comparison to be honest. Ingram is faster and more explosive as a prospect than Emmitt was...

If you watch Mark Ingram run/play week in-week out like I have for 2 years... (and I've said it numerous times) he actually reminds me of Ricky Williams during his Texas days...

Mark Ingram led the NCAA last year in runs over 10 yards... also led the NCAA in runs over 20 yards.... Oddly enough, Ricky accomplished the same thing at Texas (although those SWC defenses weren't of the caliber the present day SEC defenses are).

Over half of Mark Ingram's 1,658 rushing yards last year came AFTER CONTACT (roughly 63-65% to be precise)... Oddly enough, 63% of Ricky's yardage in college came after contact.

Ingram averaged 178 yards per game against top 25 competition....and has only fumbled once in his career (and that fumble is debateable) against Tennessee...

Ricky's first 2 seasons at Texas totaled: 371 carries / 2,262 yards / 20 TD's

Ingrams first 2 seasons at Bama totaled: 414 carries / 2,386 yards / 29 TD's

They are almost identical in size at this point in their college careers.... but it's their running style, explosiveness through holes, incredible vision, ability to run in traffic, and hard nosed determination to milk every run for every yard possible that makes them so much alike in my opinion. I studied Ricky closely during his college days, and when I watch Ingram run now... you could switch the jerseys and couldn't tell the difference.

Ricky was obviously a better prospect than Emmitt coming out of college.... so is Ingram. Will Ingram have the career in the NFL anything like Emmitt had? The odds of that happening are about the same as Henne having the same type of career Marino had... in other words.. slim to none.

Will Ingram be fortunate enough to have one of the best QB/WR/Offensive Line trio's in NFL history the way Emmitt did? Again.. slim to none...

...but whoever ends up getting this kid to tote the rock for their team at the next level has just selected one of the best pure between the tackles runner of the last decade or so.... Ingram is a special talent....and a great, great kid.

quizz rodgers i just don't know if he'll hold up in the pros...mighty lean looking little guy there to me...but explosive

Quizz isn't slight at all... he's just really short.

...at 5'7", 193 pounds, he essentially has the same bulk as a 6'0", 207 pound back.... but you don't want a back with either of these builds attempting to carry the load in the NFL obviously...

However, if given the choice, I'm probably going with the 5'7", 193 pounder with all things being equal for his low center of gravity..... Quizz will play on Sundays.

he still looks like emmitt to me...thats what i come away with every time...a more explosive powerful faster version...

but yeah matching emmitts #s who was blessed with just about everything around him he ever needed to excel is gonna be slim odds...

Ah well here we go again im going for Ryan Williams, i dont mind being the odd one out again.
Thomas/Berry all over again..............3.2.1. JCANE

Back
Top Bottom