Who do you think the cornerback is that we are looking for? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who do you think the cornerback is that we are looking for?

InMyChambers

Sniper
Reaction score
In Len Pasquerelli's article about the trade for sage on espn.com said the dolphins are also looking into setting up a trade for a cb. Who do you think it is? I'm really hoping it will be Al Harris of the Philly Eagles. He was their 3rd corner last year, but since they drafted all those dbacks he is expendable. He also is reported to be unhappy with his new role in philly. I think he would be a HUGE addition to our secondary but not sure if we can afford him. Not financially, but what draft pick or whatever.

As of now we are losing a 1 or 2 or 3, a 4 and a 7, although we acquired a 7. Oy vey, we better win soon.

I'd rather wait and see who gets cut before we trade another pick. Tate was an option, but we never really tried to sign him.

Just a thought for all of those people that thing Fletcher is having a good camp: Why would we be so desperately trying to find a veteran corner?

We should have made a better effort to sign Cousins and we would not be in this fix.

cousins wanted to start and that wasnt going to happen ...thats why he is gone ..not that he wasnt good enough to start -he was ..but we happen to have two of the best ...having said that ...what happened to donovan greer? is he signed?after him i really dont know ...Im not familiar with al harris ...I too would like to see whats out there after cuts ,we really dont need to give up any more draft picks ....would the eagles be interested in ogden?

Well, I did write about this a week ago, that the Dolphins are rumored to be trying to trade for Harris, but my sources are saying that with the big time salary cap problems approching next year, and Harris wants a multiyear deal. It doesn't look like it will get done. Hopefully, it will.

That's what he does now. Why wouldn't he settle for a 3rd role?

Besides that, what choice does he have? Players don't decide their roles, especially ones coming for more money soon.

so since cousins played 3rd cb for us he should settle for a 3rd cb spot with carolina?
players do decide their roles if they are good enough, especially when that position is thin throughout the nfl.

Al Harris-No Way,No how.

Being a fin fan stuck in Pa Iv'e seen Al play abundantly. And the Beagle swouldn't have draft 4 2ndary type players if he was worth his weight in Cheese Steaks. Plus I've seen him play. And he can't. PERIOD.

Originally posted by PhinKev

Just a thought for all of those people that thing Fletcher is having a good camp: Why would we be so desperately trying to find a veteran corner?

Because we have no vet. depth if anybody gets hurt..and injuries are a part of football..If Sam or Pat gets hurt..flecther moves to their positions, but who moves in to take Flect. spot..We're short on CB's..that's why

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Because we have no vet. depth if anybody gets hurt..and injuries are a part of football..If Sam or Pat gets hurt..flecther moves to their positions, but who moves in to take Flect. spot..We're short on CB's..that's why

i disagree. i think al harris is pretty good, he's no starter, but he can hold his own. He's at the worst equally as good as cousin was last year.

No way we get Al Harris unless the Eagles will part with a 5th rounder for him and last I heard they wanted a 3rd. Also we would be gaining a malcontent over the fact he wants a contract extension even though he's getting paid $950k this year as a 3rd corner and his next 2 years are $1.05mill and $1.15mill.

I think the corner we go after will be lesser known. I would think most likely someone who is on the bubble because of a rookie pushing them. If someone has the time, look around the league and see whose jobs are in any bit of trouble because of new guys pushing their way up.

Ck, what the heck are you talking about? Cousin was a FA, that's why he decided his own place. What you are talking about makes no sense whatever.

If we got Harris it would be via trade. He has no say what so ever in his role here or there. Period.

When he becomes a FA, like the player you used for an example, he can decide where he goes and what his expected role for that team will be.

Back
Top Bottom