Who do you want in the Backfield. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who do you want in the Backfield.

kingfin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Ricky Williams or Ronnie Brown ..Bottom line....I want Ricky back because we can go somewhere else in the #2 spot or better yet trade out of it.

kingfin said:
Ricky Williams or Ronnie Brown ..Bottom line....I want Ricky back because we can go somewhere else in the #2 spot or better yet trade out of it.

Trading down would be my first option. But, if we couldn't trade down, I would want Ronnie Brown at #2, even if Ricky comes back.

I want a team player, regardless of who it is, that can show progress from last year's debacle. I'm not so sure Ricky is that guy. I don't think the backfield matters as much as the development (or lack of) for our OL. We still don't know what Gordon is capable of. He played very well behind St. Louis' OL.

Well i would want us to trade for Edge James or Shawn Alexander but since that isnt gonna happen i will take Brown.

Ricky because if he does come back, I know it has be thoroughly thought out by Saban.
Plus we all know Ricky can produce and is a constant threat to defenses.

For me Ricky or Ronnie Brown would be fine they're both good athletes and good running backs, but i would give the edge to Ricky because he has more NFL expierence(well Ronnie has none so).

If I had to choose with no financial or other implications, I'll take Ronnie Brown. The risk that Ricky won't pan out is equal to or greater than the risk that Ronnie won't pan out.

Given the contract and draft pick we have to use on Ronnie, I have to take Wililams. We don't necessarily even have to draft somebody to back him up -- I don't trust Gordon much, but I'm willing to trust him that far. If he doesn't pan out or if Ricky doesn't, there should be a nice crop of unrestricted free agents next year.

UltraDol-Fan said:
Ricky, but only if he stays on his meds.

And there is the problem i have, forget the pot use, it's a reliability issue and a will to play issue. lets say we are making a drive for the playoffs or the division title, and Williams decides he dosen't need his meds anymore (again).
Pretty soon he's gone or dosen't feel like playing hard.
Or what about when fumbles, or goes down easy? It will be a question mark the whole time he's here, with us and the org.

People keep saying if Saban says it's ok then they're ok with it, but I don't agree, he can snowjob Saban just as well as anyone else, and for the incentive laiden contract that may keep him in line, well,, when Ricky is off his meds he's proven nothing matters but what Ricky wants to do.

Brown or Caddy.... ricky can be traded or our 3nd down back...could care less but im not depending on this guy ever again...

Back
Top Bottom