Who do you want with our 1st pick in the draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who do you want with our 1st pick in the draft

If you don't like whats at QB at the pick take the best CB then Pass Rusher then OL.

Unfortunately I think Miami will win 4 games and finish with a pick in the 5-7 range of the 1st round. With that being said; assuming the first four picks are Burrow, Young, Thomas and Herbert; Miami may have a choice of Okudah, Brown and Jeudy, I'd think it'll be Derrick Brown or Jeffery Okudah, with my choice being Brown.

Justin Herbert (he has regressed but has an impressive body of work, more th

Why do people say he's regressed. He had a career high season total in completion % and TD's this season, after their next game he will have a career high in passing yards too. He's thrown31 tds and 5 interceptions, the interception total is 3 fewer than last season. I'm ot saying you should or shouldn't draft him, just that I haven't seen how he's dropped off.

You have to be careful grading qbs in college, some of the things for better and worse Herbert won't be asked to do in the NFL. For example in the NFL he's going to be asked to throw the ball down the field more and not rely on bubble screens and receivers making plays in space. He has the arm to make the throws, but we'll see how he makes the transfer to the NFL.

Young for sure.

Burrow is off limits right but easily my top target.

Okudah would nice especially if paired with a pass rusher with Pitts pick.

I’d be looking to trade down if I can’t get Burrow or Young.

If I take Tua, id like to get some extra picks first (as insurance). And yes I’d be willing to risk missing out on him to do it.

If we pass on Tua at 2/3 I do believe it might cause other teams to hesitate more than they would otherwise. Teams with the standard allotment of picks aren’t as likely to take the chance on him that we can.

Unfortunately I think Miami will win 4 games and finish with a pick in the 5-7 range of the 1st round. With that being said; assuming the first four picks are Burrow, Young, Thomas and Herbert; Miami may have a choice of Okudah, Brown and Jeudy, I'd think it'll be Derrick Brown or Jeffery Okudah, with my choice being Brown.
This scenario scares me for the reason, a pick 5-7 is that range where you trade up a spot or two. And I don't want that.

I dont think we would be in position to take Young or Burrow. We will probably win another game this year so we could fall out of the top 5. I would still take Tua. Some team will move up and take him earlier then most expect. We shouldn’t mess around and trade back.

I think the real question is... who do you want if we get the number 3 pick with Burrow and Chase Young going 1 and 2.

I would grab the LT no question.

I'd truly want Miami to finally pick a potential franchise type QB. If Tua is available I think Miami will swing for the fences. But if Miami doesn't have the chance of selecting its QB with its top pick, Miami must hit a home run on whoever they eventually select. Gotta think CB or DL. But the SCARY part of all this, is winning a few more games.

2021 QB class is so much better. BPA. Build the trench’s and secondary. Take a project QB if one is in a good value spot and look to next year on the potential franchise QB. And who knows, maybe the project develops.

Way too early for me.....Free Agency will likely change the outcome of our decision making process......but as of today, I'm taking a Burrows at QB. If he isn't there I'm taking Chase Young and looking to my other two 1st round slots for a possible QB.

I think it is entirely possible, that the Fins do not take a QB in round 1.

Back
Top Bottom