Who do you want with our 1st pick in the draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who do you want with our 1st pick in the draft

Anyone saying Burrows or Young is being unrealistic. Roll the dice on Tua or Herbert or trade up and get Burrow. Time to get our QB.

One more win can really push us back in the draft, damn! I want to see us win but now I am starting to think we should ease up a bit...I hate this thought in my head.

A real franchise game changing type QB or just a game changer type player at any other position.

Although it wouldn't be my preference, I also realize there aren't going to be much in the way of LTs in free agency, and the going rate for just average players at that position is absorbanent. The same is true at DE, and corner.

When all is said, and done, if Young is gone, I'm not against moving back a few spots, and taking Herbert.
This is my thought as well.

I have no idea. It's been a demoralizing month. Scrappy now means nothing later. I'm sure in midseason 2021 I'll really be thrilled about that 2019 victory over the Eagles. Winning these games doesn't jeopardize 2021+ but it steadily siphons that vital 3-5% that I'm always talking about.

It will be interesting to see if Joe Burrow emerges unscathed this weekend. Reputation, I mean. Perhaps even elevated. The opportunity is there either way for him.

Georgia is by far the best defense Burrow will have faced. In fact Georgia has a one yard per play defensive advantage over LSU period. That's rare for a touchdown underdog in a game like this, and especially noteworthy since that touchdown underdog was also higher rated by consensus in preseason.

I have no idea. It's been a demoralizing month. Scrappy now means nothing later. I'm sure in midseason 2021 I'll really be thrilled about that 2019 victory over the Eagles. Winning these games doesn't jeopardize 2021+ but it steadily siphons that vital 3-5% that I'm always talking about.

It will be interesting to see if Joe Burrow emerges unscathed this weekend. Reputation, I mean. Perhaps even elevated. The opportunity is there either way for him.

Georgia is by far the best defense Burrow will have faced. In fact Georgia has a one yard per play defensive advantage over LSU period. That's rare for a touchdown underdog in a game like this, and especially noteworthy since that touchdown underdog was also higher rated by consensus in preseason.
I think that us being scrappy and winning does mean something. After a long line of problematic and ineffective head coaches:
Dave Wannstedt
Jim Bates
Nick Saban
Cam Cameron
Tony Sparano
Todd Bowles
Joe Philbin
Dan Campbell
Adam Gase

We finally found one in Flores that is setting a proper tone of effort and discipline and who can actually out coach other head coaches. That's a big deal, and I'll roll with him and Jake Fromm as our rd1 QB to draft and then focus on OT - Austin Jackson, Josh Jones, Tristan Wirfs and Trey Smith. I wouldn't mind Fitzpatrick starting next year and we do have a lot of needs as per the draft, but I can't think of a bigger need than OT and we need at least two of them. But having a rookie head coach who's showing that he's got the right stuff- that's a big deal.

The team went from 0-4 in the first quarter of the season to 1-3 in the second quarter and now 2-2 in the third quarter.

They face the Jets (4-8), Giants (2-10), Bengals (1-11), and Patriots (10-2) in the fourth quarter of the season. The Patriots may have their Bye clinched by Week 17, without much hope of regaining home field, which would mean they'll be playing their backups in Week 17 for at least a half of the game.

So going 3-1 in the fourth quarter is a legitimate possibility...which would see the team finish 6-10 and very likely with a pick somewhere around #10 to #12 in the draft.

I share Awsi's sentiment here.

There's something demoralizing about coming up with 'scrappy' wins in 2019 that owe as much to scheduling (we seemingly have all of the worst teams in the league on our schedule) and injuries (e.g. Brian Hoyer) as the derring-do of a head coach who has absolutely nothing to lose (going for it on fourth down, calling fake punts, fake field goals, onside kicks, two-point conversions at every opportunity...because why the hell not?).

Fast-forward to 2021 and are we really going to care that we won a game two years ago because we had our punter throw a touchdown pass to our kicker? Especially as the team becomes more expensive, burdened by higher expectations, and suddenly the scrappy, aggressive play-calling of the head coach who had nothing to lose before begins calling plays with the fear of losing games foremost on his mind?

If this season ends with us unable to make a significant advance on the QB front...that will be an extraordinary shame.

Well... I'd like a 22 year old Richmond Webb... or possibly a 23 year old Cameron Wake... but in a pinch, i guess a 21 year old Dan Marino would be okay.

Crazy to think that we might win 4 of our last 5 games....
But I think it could happen.

I do think the odds are that we trade back on our top pick, but if so I hope we can land Herbert. If we don't, I expect us to draft Tua somewhere in round 1 (not early)

The team went from 0-4 in the first quarter of the season to 1-3 in the second quarter and now 2-2 in the third quarter.

They face the Jets (4-8), Giants (2-10), Bengals (1-11), and Patriots (10-2) in the fourth quarter of the season. The Patriots may have their Bye clinched by Week 17, without much hope of regaining home field, which would mean they'll be playing their backups in Week 17 for at least a half of the game.

So going 3-1 in the fourth quarter is a legitimate possibility...which would see the team finish 6-10 and very likely with a pick somewhere around #10 to #12 in the draft.

I share Awsi's sentiment here.

There's something demoralizing about coming up with 'scrappy' wins in 2019 that owe as much to scheduling (we seemingly have all of the worst teams in the league on our schedule) and injuries (e.g. Brian Hoyer) as the derring-do of a head coach who has absolutely nothing to lose (going for it on fourth down, calling fake punts, fake field goals, onside kicks, two-point conversions at every opportunity...because why the hell not?).

Fast-forward to 2021 and are we really going to care that we won a game two years ago because we had our punter throw a touchdown pass to our kicker? Especially as the team becomes more expensive, burdened by higher expectations, and suddenly the scrappy, aggressive play-calling of the head coach who had nothing to lose before begins calling plays with the fear of losing games foremost on his mind?

If this season ends with us unable to make a significant advance on the QB front...that will be an extraordinary shame.

Good post. I agree about the potential hotdogging for a few wins (like the fake FG) and then
when the games "really matter" we won't be so free wheeling... But the whole "tanking talk"
was offensive on a number of levels and I'm just glad that nonsense is over. We're going to
have a high pick and 2 addl R1s and lots more so...
take those kind of risks

Back
Top Bottom