Who Does Your Significant Other Root For? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Does Your Significant Other Root For?

Buffalo! My wife grew up in Orchard Park, NY and her family were season ticket holders of the Bills for over 20 years. She relocated to Fl (where we met) and will wear Dolphins gear (see avatar) unless we play the Bills. We went to the 2006 Mia @ Buf game together and it was the worst experience of my life, I will never go again!

When my wife and I got engaged in 2002, she decided to abandon the Giants and root for the Dolphins.

She is not particularly knowledgable or passionate about football. Her reasoning at the time was that "The Giants haven't done much recently anyway." I informed her that they were in the Super Bowl the year before, and she shrugged it off.

The Dolphins haven't won a playoff game since.

I apologize.

The good news is that Goat Jr. is about at the age (12) when I really started to follow the Fins closely. Maybe he'll turn our luck around.

My wife is not a sports person but supports the Dolphins for me. She went to Michigan so I support Michigan as a trade off. She wears Dolphins gear and especially likes going to games. She doesn’t understand more than basics.

But I have a rule of thumb that if she sees something, like a problem with personnel or strategy, then it’s obvious!

She also understands how draft weekend goes. Lol.

She loves to quote me from when we were dating. I told her, “I love, love, LOVE the Dolphins.” She throws that back at me regularly with a laugh.

She likes the fn pats. We go to the Fins pats game in Miami most years. At least I’ve seen them win there most of the time.

All that matters though is my daughter is a Fins fan.

She knows absolutely nothing about football outside of which person on the field is the QB, but she really enjoys going to the games and watching games with me on the couch or at the sports bar. Mainly bc I've invested in a lot of very nice girly Dolphins gear for her to wear. So we both win. She enjoys looking good and it makes me look good having her on my arm :thumbsup

My whole family are Dolphin fans. It's that or as my dad put it....."you'll be on the outside looking in"

Couple questions.
Who does your significant other root for?
If it's another team how much does it effect your relationship.
My ex-wife was a Bills fan and she really only like to root for them because I was a Dolphins fan. Although we live in Buffalo she was never really into sports. However I think she enjoyed slamming me in the early 90's when the Bills went to 4 Superbowls in a row.
We had a few fights but nothing that was serious. I just hated that she became a football fan to root against me.

My wife only roots for miami to prevent me from being pissed off all day after a loss.
plus, off all teams i could've rooted for, Miami has the nicest beaches for her

Back
Top Bottom