Who else loved the Curtis Weaver pick?! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who else loved the Curtis Weaver pick?!

Weaver wasn't a good college player; he was elite. I get knocking him for being chubby. I knocked him some, too, but I bumped him out of the Top 40 to the 41-75 range. Given the agility he confirmed at the Combine and the way he dominated, I can't understand the NFL being so low on him.

I'm excited about Weaver. I especially like his 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle. Very explosive. Curious to see how he performs the after some NFL coaching and conditioning. What's your comp for him?

I'm excited about Weaver. I especially like his 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle. Very explosive. Curious to see how he performs the after some NFL coaching and conditioning. What's your comp for him?

Derek Barnett - but vs lesser competition. That's not super flattering on the surface, but Barnett struggled with injuries to start his career, and he's played at the level of a serviceable starter, who could become more.

Derek Barnett - but vs lesser competition. That's not super flattering on the surface, but Barnett struggled with injuries to start his career, and he's played at the level of a serviceable starter, who could become more.

Was curious to see how close mockdraftable viewed them - 99% is pretty close.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200503-072413_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200503-072413_Chrome.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 26
Was curious to see how close mockdraftable viewed them - 99% is pretty close.
Agreed..same thought.

Over the last 3 seasons, no player in College Football had more sacks than Curtis Weaver, who had 34. Chase Young was second with 30.5. Last season, Weaver was second in all of College Football with 56 total pressures. Only Young had more, 2 more. We were able to get Curtis Weaver in the 5th round. I consider that the steal of the Draft!!!
giphy.gif

I dunno.

Derek Barnett
Jordan Jenkins
Dee Ford
Frank Clark
Markus Golden

Or at least this is what the talking heads say.

I was calling this guy the most underrated mid round prospect for weeks. I was honestly not impressed with the draft, but can't believe the Fins got a player I was targeting so heavily. That never happens.
Well, that's how I felt about Kenyan Drake, who, I believe is somewhat related by draft picks. Didnt we get a 5th rnd for Drake that was part of the package we put together to move up to pick Weaver?

Marginal athlete, lack of explosive numbers...he has the sacks, but I don't see a player who is anything more than Charles Harris. As a 5th rounder though, good value if he can learn to play the run.

He’s such a good risk but yes - you draft this guy and trade Harris. It’s such a smart play. Now you get 2-3 more years to unlock his potential while paying much less.

It’s all about play speed with this kid and range. Doubt you can fix the range so you better hide it schematically better play with more play speed backside especially.

Back
Top Bottom