Who gets Surtain? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who gets Surtain?

dominizzo

CAMERON EARTH WAKE
Reaction score
I think we should keep him. I'll only trade him to the bears cuz there 2nd is pretty good either than that i wouldn't trade him:cooldude:

i think trading for even a 2nd is criminal, but we need to do it for money reasons. But i would love it if we kept him

I would love to trade him to the bears just as an F U to the chiefs for their insulting first offer of a 4th rd pick.
Bears 2nd is better anyway, if it is true and they are interested.

The Fins, no team gives a 2nd round, we are forced to keep him and lose him next year for nothing.

If this Bears rumor is true then that gives ME a little hope for drafting Matt Jones.

NYinBostonFin said:
I would love to trade him to the bears just as an F U to the chiefs for their insulting first offer of a 4th rd pick.
Bears 2nd is better anyway, if it is true and they are interested.

Yup. There are at least three reasons why it would be better to trade Surtain to Chicago than Kansas City. The first two are the ones you mentioned. The third is that it would get Surtain out of the AFC. But then again, it's all speculation at this point regarding the Bears.

adolfan

This comes straight from espn......

Still on the lookout for a veteran cornerback after failing to lure Samarri Rolle,Ken Lucas,Fred Smoot,or Patrick Surtain to town, the Chiefs showed some guarded optimism when dealing with former Patriot Ty Law's surgically repaired foot. Chiefs GM Carl Peterson said he was not prepared to offer Law a contract based on where he was with his rehabilitation in mid-March but indicated he would definitely like to meet with him again down the road to gauge his progress further. Law was impressed by the "family-type atmosphere" during his visit with Dick Vermeil and the organization and said he could see himself playing for the Chiefs. The Steelers, Colts and Jets had also expressed interest.

That would be great if the Bears really were interested and it created a bidding war in which we got much more than first anticipated.

I see a bidding war for Surtain - if Saban is even entertaining the Chiefs' alleged offer (a #4 this year, a higher choice next year) then any number of teams with a need at CB surely can offer better: CHI, SD, DAL to name a few. Depends on cap space, but the longer Saban holds out, the better the chance is that someone will step in ahead of the Chiefs. I don't expect anything to happen until very near the draft. Saban seems to be a very cool customer, so hopefully he won't jump at an undervalued offer.

NFL total access just said that we are gonna accept the chiefs fourth this year and third next for surtain.. It's not official, just what some guy says will happen..

MiamiFan1354 said:
NFL total access just said that we are gonna accept the chiefs fourth this year and third next for surtain.. It's not official, just what some guy says will happen..
I think he was speculating on Total Access.

I think the Chiefs will end up getting him, but not until a day or two before the draft.

MiamiFan1354 said:
Hopefully that's just a story being pushed by the media because they're a little PO'd that Saban isn't really media friendly. Seems he doesn't have any interest in having people knowing as much about the team as Wannstadt did, and they are frustrated. Having said that, IMO a 2005 4th and a 2006 3rd is a bad deal for Miami - it would suggest that the team is in need of huge overhaul, much more than anyone is willing to admit.

Definitely is a bad deal and I doubt it will happen. Pat Kirwan probably is speculating and I think Saban will end up getting his 2nd round for Pat.

Back
Top Bottom