Who Has Confidence That Flipping The Script We Would've Stopped Them On 3rd And 1 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Has Confidence That Flipping The Script We Would've Stopped Them On 3rd And 1

terphin

Active Roster
Reaction score
to get the ball back to have a chance to win at the end, we never make a play in the same spot and usually give up a td or get gashed.....the wildcat was his answer

I'm not a fan of packing everything in for the POWER RUN when we have the worst lineman in the league. I'm a huge fan of spreading teams out and running out of that formation.

I'm not a fan of packing everything in for the POWER RUN when we have the worst lineman in the league. I'm a huge fan of spreading teams out and running out of that formation.

Then do that. They literally jammed the box for the inside run and ended it. The wildcat is an absurd call, a much better call would have pitched to Drake and let his speed take the edge for 1 yard. He can pretty much do that on command against any team.

When crucial plays are required it's almost as if Gase blindly points at his playsheet and goes with whatever his finger lands on.

Then do that. They literally jammed the box for the inside run and ended it. The wildcat is an absurd call, a much better call would have pitched to Drake and let his speed take the edge for 1 yard. He can pretty much do that on command against any team.

When crucial plays are required it's almost as if Gase blindly points at his playsheet and goes with whatever his finger lands on.

Touche' Touche'
But that would actually require the play caller(Gase) to truly understand his personnel, the down and distance, the other team's tendency and their strength and weakness.

Hopefully, You see the problem there right?
Does Gase strike you as a masterful play caller?

It was a horrendous call. Why? If they got it they probably would’ve won right there. But of course they didn’t and Buffalo went right down the field and SHOULD HAVE WON.

I like Gase, I really do. But Christ it’s just awful liking this team when the little things just don’t get done.

There's a lot I like about Gase, but his play calling and inexperience is eating at me.

Touche' Touche'
But that would actually require the play caller(Gase) to truly understand his personnel, the down and distance, the other team's tendency and their strength and weakness.

Hopefully, You see the problem there right?
Does Gase strike you as a masterful play caller?

Sure, masterfully play calling himself to another job. ;)

Yes, that is sound strategy. College teams do it all the time, including on quick counts.

You might get stopped in that situation but at worst the back has maybe one or two defenders to avoid, instead of an impossible wall.

You'd think we could close out teams on offense with a 4 minute drive. Never seems to happen and its always up to the defense to hold at the end.

to get the ball back to have a chance to win at the end, we never make a play in the same spot and usually give up a td or get gashed.....the wildcat was his answer

I didn't mind the WC, but I was SURE it was going to be a quick pass. No sane person would EVER call another run, right? RIGHT?

Back
Top Bottom