Who Has Confidence That Flipping The Script We Would've Stopped Them On 3rd And 1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Has Confidence That Flipping The Script We Would've Stopped Them On 3rd And 1

It's frustrating to watch......Gore can easily get us 1 yard....quick up the middle and he will get it for you. Spread them out and I guarantee he gets it for you.

You'd think we could close out teams on offense with a 4 minute drive. Never seems to happen and its always up to the defense to hold at the end.
The poor defense had to hold a Bill's offense, run by a rookie QB, from going 90 yards for a TD in two minutes with no Time outs. Damn offense put them in a tough spot!!!

I'm not a fan of packing everything in for the POWER RUN when we have the worst lineman in the league. I'm a huge fan of spreading teams out and running out of that formation.
If the center of your line is Larsen, Brendel, Davis (especially with how poorly Davis played yesterday), you can't just line up and do what most any other team would do in that situation (including us).

You are likely to get stuffed. Gase knows that. Don't you think he would love to have Sitton and Kilgore in there and just run Gore or sneak Tannehill behind them?

I hate the wildcat call in that situation, but he knew had to try SOMETHING.

WE SUCK UP FRONT AND CAN'T PICK UP A LONG YARD IN THE CONVENTIONAL WAY.

If the center of your line is Larsen, Brendel, Davis (especially with how poorly Davis played yesterday), you can't just line up and do what most any other team would do in that situation (including us).

You are likely to get stuffed. Gase knows that. Don't you think he would love to have Sitton and Kilgore in there and just run Gore or sneak Tannehill behind them?

So when is our GREAT OC going to know his personnel better than we do and adjust accordingly?

Yes, that is sound strategy. College teams do it all the time, including on quick counts.

You might get stopped in that situation but at worst the back has maybe one or two defenders to avoid, instead of an impossible wall.

Not to mention we have a fairly mobile QB, a quick to get around the edge RB(In drake) and at the time Grant/Albert.
Every week I'm watching the Patriots at some common sense wrinkle to easily generate 1st down etc.

If Gase can't come up with anything new then copy other teams.

So when is our GREAT OC going to know his personnel better than we do and adjust accordingly?
He knows his personnel.

The adjustment was the stupid wildcat call instead of the conventional one yard plunge/QB sneak.

I wish the adjustment was give Larsen talent and ability.

He knows his personnel.

The adjustment was the stupid wildcat call instead of the conventional one yard plunge/QB sneak.

I wish the adjustment was give Larsen talent and ability.

I would absolutely argue with you that he doesn't know his personnel.
If Gase knew his personnel then 50% of the plays he's called wouldn't be called.

Moreover, the way some of his personnel have been used suggests that as well.

I
I would absolutely argue with you that he doesn't know his personnel.
If Gase knew his personnel then 50% of the plays he's called wouldn't be called.

Moreover, the way some of his personnel have been used suggests that as well.
Maybe.

I think it's being hamstrung by your personnel (inability to pass block or run block) more than lack of knowledge of them.

I

Maybe.

I think it's being hamstrung by your personnel (inability to pass block or run block) more than lack of knowledge of them.

This conversation goes hand in hand with the other thread about which side of the ball is more under performing.

The defense has virtually suffered no critical season ending injuries outside of Hayes and i think another Dlinemen.

Where would this offense be if the still had there starting OLmen, the QB didn't miss time, our TE AND Grant/Albert?

This conversation goes hand in hand with the other thread about which side of the ball is more under performing.

The defense has virtually suffered no critical season ending injuries outside of Hayes and i think another Dlinemen.

Where would this offense be if the still had there starting OLmen, the QB didn't miss time, our TE AND Grant/Albert?
I just said this in that thread.

With Sitton, Kilgore, Tannehill, Wilson, Grant, Derby, Gray, Tunsil (mainly the Bengals game) in the lineup all year we would be 8-4 at worst.

So he tries jamming it up the middle with zero threat of a pass? Makes no sense. As soon as I saw the wildcat formation I was screaming at the TV. You’re running our weakness into their strength, and the reason why they always kill us. The play call was horrible. Just like the run against the colts, just like goal line pass that almost cost us a safety early in the game...I mean **** Gase now you’re definitely on tilt with your play calling. How do you not understand the difference between the colts run and bills pass? Two totally different scenarios and he gets it wrong both times, the second time because of the first. He’s mentally wrecked as a play caller at this point.

Only reason we won was because Allen is a rookie and missed wide open throws, like horrible had it been tannehill posters here would be ready to crucify him in the public square.

I just said this in that thread.

With Sitton, Kilgore, Tannehill, Wilson, Grant, Derby, Gray, Tunsil (mainly the Bengals game) in the lineup all year we would be 8-4 at worst.

Not a chance. Our healthy WRs we gimmicky smurfs. They can’t win one on one and even in our wins we looked bad on offense save for some strange, lucky plays.

They plugged out o line holes with aging, oft injured veterans. The lack of depth is totally on whoever bought the groceries for this one.

So he tries jamming it up the middle with zero threat of a pass? Makes no sense. As soon as I saw the wildcat formation I was screaming at the TV. You’re running our weakness into their strength, and the reason why they always kill us. The play call was horrible. Just like the run against the colts, just like goal line pass that almost cost us a safety early in the game...I mean **** Gase now you’re definitely on tilt with your play calling. How do you not understand the difference between the colts run and bills pass? Two totally different scenarios and he gets it wrong both times, the second time because of the first. He’s mentally wrecked as a play caller at this point.

Only reason we won was because Allen is a rookie and missed wide open throws, like horrible had it been tannehill posters here would be ready to crucify him in the public square.
I said that.

Horrible call.

The wildcat gives you an extra blocker and different angles of attack (ideally). Eh.

Tannehill is an accurate QB and hits those throws. If he didn't it would be reasonable to criticize him.

Allen isn't accurate (never has been) and misses those throws.

But he can scramble around with the best of them!

Not a chance. Our healthy WRs we gimmicky smurfs. They can’t win one on one and even in our wins we looked bad on offense save for some strange, lucky plays.

They plugged out o line holes with aging, oft injured veterans. The lack of depth is totally on whoever bought the groceries for this one.
I didn't like the Kilgore trade (don't know his injury history).

I loved the Sitton signing (and still do). I don't believe his injury was age related.

Tunsil, James and Davis are young.

Back
Top Bottom