Who has the better future Chris Chambers or... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who has the better future Chris Chambers or...

Steve Mo

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Who do you think has the better future: Chris Chambers, Santa Moss, or Rod Gardener? My opinon is Chris Chambers than Santa and them last and yes, the least Gardener... Whats your opinion?

:monkey: On Rod Gardener!! :fire: :fire:

Easy answer...

Originally posted by ChrisChambers84
Who do you think has the better future: Chris Chambers, Santa Moss, or Rod Gardener? My opinon is Chris Chambers than Santa and them last and yes, the least Gardener... Whats your opinion?

:monkey: On Rod Gardener!! :fire: :fire:

... Chris Chambers, S. Moss IMO will be nothing more than a 3rd down WR.

Oliver...

no doubt chambers is a stud and the most talented, probably the hardest worker. but he'll be in a primarily run oriented offense. if youre talking better overall #'s, it may be gardner in the fun and gun

You Almost have my same user name there chrischambers84, but Chris is the better player, playing for the better team, which equals a better future!!

Now, just because he is a jest, let's not just knock Santana. I gaurantee you, if we had picked Moss in the draft that year, we would all be saying that he is ready to have his breakout year this year.

That said, I love CC, but if we did have Moss, I would probably be just as optimistic.

The only way Moss will even be around in 2 years is if he does well as a PR/KR. Chambers should be a super-star in a season or two, and Gardner could also be a future Pro Bowler.

No doubt Moss is talented, but his impact would best be felt as a KR/PR. I haven't seen much of him, but is definately small, and looks like he could easily get pushed around at the LOS by more physical corners. Lets see how he does this season before we make judgements on him though......

This is exactly the point that I think DaJesus was making in another thread about how us dolfans take the criticism of our players, compared to how we rate opposition players. I still think that if Moss was a fin, and not a jest, our whole take on his potential at this point would be different.

I can see the possible posts now:

" Yeah, he may be small, but that speed is awesome"
"He was banged up last year, and never had a chance to show his talents"

Funny, how your rooting intersts can change your opinions on players!

Originally posted by scotgif
Now, just because he is a jest, let's not just knock Santana. I gaurantee you, if we had picked Moss in the draft that year, we would all be saying that he is ready to have his breakout year this year.

That said, I love CC, but if we did have Moss, I would probably be just as optimistic.

Your just saying that because he played for Miami in college. If he played for Boston College or something your opinion would be different.

Not true at all. I kind of equate Moss's situation to Jamar Fletcher's. Both #1 draft picks. Both very unproductive in their rookie seasons. Both hampered by injury, as well. Both teams are now hoping for, and needing them to reach their potential this year.

Now, dolfans are saying that he will solidify our nickel situation. Same as jest fans saying that Moss will contribute this year like he is capable of. Last I checked, Jamar Fletcher went to Wisconson, not UM!

Personally, I think that if Moss has a no injury season, the Dolphins better watch out for him... especially in the special teams.

However, even if Moss has a good season... I think Chris will have a better overall future. Especially if he keeps his attitude the same and doesn't become a Randy Moss... lol

Not me...

Originally posted by scotgif

... I loved S. Moss in college, but I'm sorry he's too injury prone and small to be an impact player in the NFL IMO. If he was drafted by the Dolphins I would have been crying and then hopeing for the best.

Oliver...

Chambers is a great young talent, and so far he has shown the most out of Gardner, Moss, and himself. But to say that all Santana Moss will be at best a 3rd down receiver is ridiculous. He wasn't drafted in the first round for nothing. Sure there are busts, but he has not had a chane to prove himself. If he has an awful year this year, then maybe I will agree with you, but right now, this is like his rookie season. Gardner will have a chance to shine now with Spurrier.

Troy Brown is 5-10, 193, Moss is 5-10, 185
Brown had 1200 yards last year. So size-wise, Santana is all right.

Back
Top Bottom