who here thinks RB will beat karims rookie record | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who here thinks RB will beat karims rookie record

dolphinman23

Starter
Reaction score
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]1,116[/size][/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Karim Abdul-Jabbar (1996), 3.6 per carry[/size][/font]
dunno, its gonna be tough

/end sarcasm

dolphinman23 said:
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]1,116[/size][/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Karim Abdul-Jabbar (1996), 3.6 per carry[/size][/font]

/end sarcasm

I think Ronnie can get 1200.

I think it could be tougher then we expect if RW takes some carries from him. If there is no RW than I fully expect 1200-10TDs

1200+ yds is definitely what Brown is capable of doing in his rookie year without a doubt.

18 carries at 4 per for 16 games is what I'd average him out at as of right now. If Sammy Morris can run for 4 per so can Ronnie.

InMyChambers said:
RW is not coming back. I'm not as concerned with brown as i am concerned with the o-line.

and this is the truth, imo. Brown will do his job, it's up to the o-line as to
whether it is a remarkable rookie season or just adequate.

InMyChambers said:
RW is not coming back. I'm not as concerned with brown as i am concerned with the o-line.

Houck should be able to work with the current O-Line and actually get them to block properly....:D

I definitely think he's capabling of doing, I think I'm going to be a bit optimistic about it and say HELL YEAH!!! :evil:

john00agent said:
1200 yds in the nfl these day is below avg

1200 yds for a rookie is NOT below average: Tomlinson (rookie) 1236 yds 3.6 pc 10 td Lewis (rookie) 1364 4.4 pc 6 td; Holmes (rookie) 1008 yds 4.3 pc 7 td; and last years rookie who was hailed for his first year accomplishments 1133 yds 4.7 pc 5 td, let's not expect TOO much from young ronnie 1200 to 1300 with a per carry of above 4.2 would be an excellent start to his career...

dolphinman23 said:

/end sarcasm
It all depends on how good the OL plays!!
That is why H Houck was signed to a very lucrative contract...

Marino1983

Vikes' rushing yards last year from ESPN:

Smith 544
Culpepper 406
Moore 379
Bennett 276
Williams 161

A lot of RBs carried the load there, and though this was due in part to injury, I think it also speaks to the type of offense Linehan wants to run. Let's also factor in the huge question mark of our OL. If Brown rushes for 1200 yards this year, I'd be very surprised. This is not a knock on Brown's ability. It's just a comment on his environment.

hopefully, anything to get that man out of the Miami Dolphin record books

Back
Top Bottom