Who here wants Forrest Lamp? I do! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who here wants Forrest Lamp? I do!

i want lamp on our team, sure...

but i would prefer the dolphins not draft him at 22. i say that because i am confident that at 22 there will be at least a few defensive players who i would rather take, even if some pundits would call said player a reach....i think we need talent all over the field defensively, and i think we can find a decent guard outside of round 1.

i also don't think you take a guard in round one when you have such glaring needs defensively and are staring one of the best drafts in decades square in the face.

I'm in favor of permanently allocating the Dolphins 1st Round draft pick to Offensive Line because they can't draft linemen for **** in any other round.

So keep those 1st round lineman picks coming. Thinking we'll need another 1st round lineman come 2018 also.

Keep it up!

2011 Mike Pouncey
2014 Ja'Wuan James
2016 Laremy Tunsil
2017 Forest Lamp!
2018 Another OL to replace James, Pouncey or RG
2019 Another OL to replace anyone else

Who needs defensive first round picks? Not the Miami Dolphins!!!

I'm in favor of permanently allocating the Dolphins 1st Round draft pick to Offensive Line because they can't draft linemen for **** in any other round.

So keep those 1st round lineman picks coming. Thinking we'll need another 1st round lineman come 2018 also.

Keep it up!

2011 Mike Pouncey
2014 Ja'Wuan James
2016 Laremy Tunsil
2017 Forest Lamp!
2018 Another OL to replace James, Pouncey or RG
2019 Another OL to replace anyone else

Who needs defensive first round picks? Not the Miami Dolphins!!!

haha i was very surprised we didn't try to find something in the free agency. It must've been very slim pickin's!!!

That would make 4 first round picks for the Oline.
Pouncey,James ,Tunsil and Lamp if we go that way with our pick.I believe we trade back a few spots then take Lamp if he is still there

That would make 4 first round picks for the Oline.
Pouncey,James ,Tunsil and Lamp if we go that way with our pick.I believe we trade back a few spots then take Lamp if he is still there

This is pretty much Dalla's Oline. 3/5 are first round picks. If Pouncey wasn't hurt so much, you would see the same effect.

This is pretty much Dalla's Oline. 3/5 are first round picks. If Pouncey wasn't hurt so much, you would see the same effect.

La'el Collins was a 1st round talent...so that would be four 1st rounders on the Dallas o-line.

haha i was very surprised we didn't try to find something in the free agency. It must've been very slim pickin's!!!

Not at all...there were 4 UDFA's that could have come in a solidified their position. One pricing himself out of the picture (Zeitler), but Warford, Lang, and Leary could have been there. We decided not to meet their price point for whatever reason. Now we have to hope that Larsen and Bushrod can handle their positions.

Oh well...it's Ryan Tannehill's knees, not mine.

And we'll have the same sorry ass defense as Dallas if we go that route.

Hmmm...the myth of the sorry-assed Dallas defense.

Let it be known that the Cowboy's defense was (league wide):

1.) The best against the rush.

2.) 5th best scoring average against.

Not bad for a team that went 13-3...we wish we could approach those numbers, and we could...but we don't think a dominating o-line is needed.

"In Gase We Trust" my ass....

Hmmm...the myth of the sorry-assed Dallas defense.

Let it be known that the Cowboy's defense was (league wide):

1.) The best against the rush.

2.) 5th best scoring average against.

Not bad for a team that went 13-3...we wish we could approach those numbers, and we could...but we don't think a dominating o-line is needed.

"In Gase We Trust" my ass....

Well aren't you just a bundle of joy.

Everyone keeps saying that Lamp would solidify our O-line, I guess they forget that Pouncey is chronically injured. It's frustrating continually using high picks on the O line and still have same issues. Sad thing, next year at this time same people will be clamoring for a center in the first round after pouncey goes on the IR. It's never ending seems like but we put ourselves in this spot by not addressing the guard position via free agency.

I like him but want to see whos on the board when we pick. I'd take Cam Robinson over him. I think Robinson could play tackle as well if needed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The draft isn't about fixing the team this season...it is about building a better team going forward, I think people believe that adding a 1st round DE, LB, etc, automatically makes the D better, but you just don't know how quick their transition will be before they can have an impact. Stop looking at adding these players and what they can do for the team "this next season" and see how they can help going forward...adding top level talent will always help going forward, and Lamp is top level talent.
Good post. That's why I want to draft the best player avaliable.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I would be happy with Lamp if he is available.
But I would probably prefer a top rated LB like Riddock or Foster over Lamp if they were still on the board.

Back
Top Bottom