Who is a Saban type of player? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is a Saban type of player?

Lee2000 said:
Who is a Saban type of player? Knowing such might shed some light to the players Miami targets in the draft. Another question. Who is not a Saban type of player? I actually thought I knew at one time until I read some of contact information about Saban and Ricky talking. I honestly am a little confused?

Can you guys identify Saban type of players at all positions? Go ahead.

Lee2000

The better question should be....whom does Saban feel comfortable with...what player does Saban know the best. The answer is simple....Saban's fishing buddy...Marcus Spears. Spears is Saban's perfect player...a player who will be a Dolphin long after Saban has retired...it's the smart choice...it's the comfortable choice. So look for Saban to trade down no lower than the 10th pick and select the newest Dolphin....Marcus Spears.

Justasportsfan said:
JP Losman ?

Well, he might not be, because before coming out of College, his rep was that he was hated and not very respected by his teammates. Now that he will be starting for the Bills, we will find out what kind of a leader he can be.

tay0365 said:
Well, he might not be, because before coming out of College, his rep was that he was hated and not very respected by his teammates. Now that he will be starting for the Bills, we will find out what kind of a leader he can be.
Funny. I read the opposite.

Justasportsfan said:
Funny. I read the opposite.

Yea, I am sure you looked very hard to find something opposite of what I
read. :D

Look not knocking him, in fact if you go way back to last year, you will find that I wrote a few times that maybe we would take him instead of a lineman. I think he could be a good QB, but before the draft the word was that because of his height and personality (They said that he was very ****y, which is good if you are a QB, but with him he was so ****y, that he alienated most of his teammates) that there was a very good chance he would fall into the 2nd, or even the beginning of the 3rd. If what they said is untrue, then your team got themselves a very capable starting QB.

tay0365 said:
Yea, I am sure you looked very hard to find something opposite of what I
read. :D

Look not knocking him, in fact if you go way back to last year, you will find that I wrote a few times that maybe we would take him instead of a lineman. I think he could be a good QB, but before the draft the word was that because of his height and personality (They said that he was very ****y, which is good if you are a QB, but with him he was so ****y, that he alienated most of his teammates) that there was a very good chance he would fall into the 2nd, or even the beginning of the 3rd. If what they said is untrue, then your team got themselves a very capable starting QB.
there was an article quoting his HC. I think he would have first hand experience. As a matter of fact that article stated that JP was a major factor in saving Tulane's football program when he asked his teammates to rally behind him to sav it. They did and the rest is history. :D

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=37647&page=2&pp=15&highlight=tulane

No one is ****ier than Dan. Dan was a me player both on and off the field.

easy one ..... look at belichick´s type of player .... same goes for saban .

Team Players. The type of player that goes out each and every day and gives 100%. Not overpaid. Not overrated. Just solid players who will do anything to win. Last year: Troy Brown on the Patriots. IMHO he is a saban type of player.

Back
Top Bottom