Who is a Saban type of player? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is a Saban type of player?

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Who is a Saban type of player? Knowing such might shed some light to the players Miami targets in the draft. Another question. Who is not a Saban type of player? I actually thought I knew at one time until I read some of contact information about Saban and Ricky talking. I honestly am a little confused?

Can you guys identify Saban type of players at all positions? Go ahead.

Lee2000

Braylon Edwards, Alex Smith, Marcus Spears Ronnie Brown, Ernest Shazor. Players like that hard hitting team players. They key is "Team Player"

the reverse of Pat Surtain, Randy Moss, Charles Woodson, Michael Vick, Ray Lewis.......

......the overpaid and overrated type.

Highly motivated effort player that never takes a down off...... Smart dedicated player with team first mentality...... Tough fast aggressive player...... A player that fears being replaced......

Philter25 said:
the reverse of Pat Surtain, Randy Moss, Charles Woodson, Michael Vick, Ray Lewis.......

......the overpaid and overrated type.

How can you put Lewis or Surtain in this post? Just because he doesn't want to be a Dolphin doesn't make him a bad guy. Lewis has been the premeir middle linebacker in the NFL for years. I don't get this post at all..... :confused:

I think players that bring a level of versatility to the table as well as being team players. Much like Belichick, I believe Saban will want players that can do more than one thing. This is why I feel that Ronnie Brown is an attractive player for him. Also, guys like Antrell Rolle, Marcus Spears, and Shawne Merriman seem to fit the mold of players that can do more than one thing on the field.

poornate said:
How can you put Lewis or Surtain in this post? Just because he doesn't want to be a Dolphin doesn't make him a bad guy. Lewis has been the premeir middle linebacker in the NFL for years. I don't get this post at all..... :confused:

I said the reverse of them..... and I listed players, then I said overrated and overpaid.

IMO Surtain is overpaid at 8 million and Lewis is overrated. I agree, they HAVE been premiere in past years, but I think they are both reaching the peak in their career and are overpaid and overrated.

Lee2000 said:
Who is a Saban type of player? Knowing such might shed some light to the players Miami targets in the draft. Another question. Who is not a Saban type of player? I actually thought I knew at one time until I read some of contact information about Saban and Ricky talking. I honestly am a little confused?

Can you guys identify Saban type of players at all positions? Go ahead.

Lee2000

at LB, he'll go tall. There won't be any more drafts that he goes for a 5'11 or 6' LB ****cough...Eddie Moore, Derrick Pope...cough**** Based on who he went after in FA, its not about weight, but height. Taking away passing lanes with taller guys seems to be key. From now on, LBs that we pick up or draft, will be 6'2/6'3 or taller.

DE will be big and heavy like Carter or Holliday....guys that weigh 280+ are very likely to become Saban players

Philter25 said:
I said the reverse of them..... and I listed players, then I said overrated and overpaid.

IMO Surtain is overpaid at 8 million and Lewis is overrated. I agree, they HAVE been premiere in past years, but I think they are both reaching the peak in their career and are overpaid and overrated.

Lewis is not the player he was 2 years ago, but honestly no one is the player he is now. Surtains down year was still pretty good. He WILL rebound though. Be it for us or someone else. Unfortunately Sabans Defense does not play to his strengths and I think that is part of the driving force for him to want out. He has at least three to four more potentially great years in him.

we know already he likes spears. he likes versatility that a merriman and r.brown give him. but caddy and benson - like braylon are all tough.

David Pollack, Matt Roth, Marcus Spears, Ronnie Brown, Mark Clayton, Matt Jones, Alex Smith, Mike Williams

thedayafter said:
Highly motivated effort player that never takes a down off...... Smart dedicated player with team first mentality...... Tough fast aggressive player...... A player that fears being replaced......
JP Losman ?

Friendly, easy going with a great smile. Oops, those were our past draft failures.

Back
Top Bottom