Who Is Adam Gase (opinion) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Is Adam Gase (opinion)

Something tells me that he won't end up like your hearthrob Joe, de facto demoted 2 levels, coaching one of the worst OLs in the league,getting a franchise QB killed, closing in on or setting the record for most QB sacks in a season and with the new GM is probably a dead coach walking. What's next for him? Strength and conditioning coach???

Honestly, your assessment of coaches needs some work!

Next for Queezy Joe is OC for the Green Bay Packers. Good luck Aaron!

you know who I miss? That one rich, elitist, pompous *** hat that used to always ramble on about "the poors"

Can someone help me remember this dude's name? he was a treat to interact with

Dovahkiin

Last seen in POFO pushing the Trump agenda. He was funny.

Next for Queezy Joe is OC for the Green Bay Packers. Good luck Aaron!

You understand he had that position before, right? And he was OC there for one of the greatest QB'ing seasons in the history of the league in 2011. And Rodgers loves him.

Last edited:
You understand he had that position before, right? And he was OC there for one of the greatest QB'ing seasons in the history of the league in 2011. And Rodgers loves him.

I realize that was the selling point when he got hired here but what I saw was an OC in title only who worked under the real OC who was the head coach....McCarthy. Philbin never called plays and probably still won't. Philbin was OC there for 5 years with Favre and Rodgers.

As far as "coaching" Aaron Rodgers....it's good work if you can get it. I'm sure they will do fine as long as Aaron is under center. Not so much with Hundley.

“Give him a chance,” Shula said. “The guy proved that he could do it. And you know everybody at one time or another has an off year. Give him a chance to bounce back and utilize his ability.”

First I was hopeful after last season, now I am doubtful especially after the Ajayi trade. He must learn to control his ego. We shall see next year.

Was he calling plays as OC Roy? What were his actual responsibilities? You are incredibly disingenuous, and you know it! .And I don't even think you care that you are, but keep pimping Joe

He just assisted in putting together the game plan for Green Bay and basically put together a few PowerPoints for Green Bay...didn't call the plays, really didn't assist the development of QBs. The only thing you could really give Philbin credit for with the Packers was their OL, as he's always been an OL guy...but giving him credit for their offensive performance really doesn't make any sense.

He'll be fired within 3 years.

It's really odd that you stuck by an in-over-his-head Joe Philbin until the bitter end but don't afford that same courtesy to a coach has proven himself to be far more competent in a shorter amount of time...

Philbin's only good qualities were A) Making PowerPoints B) Imitating Larry Coker C) Running off potential "threats" to his leadership and D) Looking "tough" on Hard Knocks.

Gase has had his shortcomings, but he's only been head coach for two years...has taken us to the playoffs in his first year, and has shown the propensity to change when change has been needed, as we've seen in his assistant hirings/firings over this offseason. I think the biggest problem right now lies with Tannenbaum, but I don't know how/when that will ever be remedied.

Opining for the days of Joe Philbin is like opining for a boil on your balls.

It's really odd that you stuck by an in-over-his-head Joe Philbin until the bitter end but don't afford that same courtesy to a coach has proven himself to be far more competent in a shorter amount of time...

I said Philbin would be fired within three years too. It was obvious. Just as it is with Gase. Whats ironic is most, if not all Philbin haters and Tannehill lovers were predicting 10+ wins in 2016. Actually not as much ironic as it made no sense.

Well, here we are, the unholy trio of Landry, Ajaii, and Suh are gone. From what Mr Gase said last year, this and the players taking home their play books, would cure all ills.

Except;

Gronk still came clean off of the line, the Patsies pick plays work to perfection, the Phins still can't run the ball, Leremy Tunsil, and then what does the coach say, now think about this, the coach says that the receivers were open. Really?????? The Pats were in nickle, dime and hybrid 7 back defensive formations all game, and the receivers were open????? What were the Pat's DB's doing, playing MahJong on the sidelines, or perhaps they went out for Dogs and Suds? The numbers just don't add up, unless the Fins were running 9 receivers.

I do not have all of the tapes to see who was open or not, and some folks here are saying that Gase was right, I guess they must have the tapes. But, mathematically how do our receivers, none of whom are leading the league in anything, and certainly not pro bowlers, get open against superior numbers? This is what the 7 db's are designed to do, take away the pass, we all remember Miami vs SanFran and how that turned out. Now if Duper and Clayton could not get "open", well you know.

I am sorry to say, but this is typical Psychopathic behavior, never accept responsibility. The interesting thing about this mental illness is that the person really believes that it truly is everyone else's fault. Their plan was flawless, and if everyone would have executed it, we would have been successful.

Sadly this is the reality, it is who he is, he will not change. Unfortunately this is not only a matter of personal growth, but, it will bleed over to the team and the teams performance. The lack of ability to adjust, admit at least to yourself, your errors, the inflexible mental state, can and will lead to failure if not corrected.

How do you stop the Patsies, everyone knows, don't let Gronk off of the line clean, be ready with a preset plan to deal with the pick plays, hit Brady hard and often, and keep Brady off of the field by running the ball, that's it.

On offense, how long has it been since the Phins have had an OLine that matters, oh wait we have LTunsil. But Viper, Tunsil is doing better, better than what, well certainly better than my 86 Y.O. mother in law, who is recovering from a fractured shoulder she got "wrangling" stingrays in the Caymans, yup he is better than her. Man, think of the past glory, Jake Long, Richmond Webb, and others along the OLine, and yet the great Brain Stem comes up with L Tunsil for a first round pick.

For years the OLine has been a weakness, and it has not been addressed, of course Mr Gase wants to build Denver South, with light finesse linemen, I don't see it working out, you have to have a running game to go into Foxbooger to win in the Winter, unless you have home field advantage through the playoffs, but up till now the AFC East goes through Foxbooger. Not to mention RT17 gets hammered all of the time because of the horrible OLine.

Thats it, it is clear to me that Mr. Gase thinks he is the epitome of football perfection and everyone else is wrong, and incompetent. I have seen lots of folks like him Flameout when the pressure finally gets exerted on them, and they run out of excuses. No doubt if the Pins have a losing year he will fire the defensive staff and blame the two old guys on the OLine who got injured, oh and the teams we played were just more physical than us. You watch it will happen.

The Ever Venomous VIPER

I think he's a "punk" in certain ways -- tho that does not mean he can't be successful.

But I said before the season started he has a LOT to prove -- and he needs to start proving it NOW.

Get 'er done. Or get outta town!

No more excuses. No more colon cleanses.

Get the MOST out of the talent you've got. Prove you can WIN by out-coaching the opposition.

Pretty much do the DIRECT OPPOSITE you just demonstrated against the Cheats.

Back
Top Bottom