Who Is Adam Gase (opinion) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Is Adam Gase (opinion)

Not sure I get the Tunsil flack. During the draft he was considered one of the top LTs in the class. Obviously he hasn't panned out as hyped/expected but it's not like he was a huge reach/had on the field flags.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/laremy-tunsil?id=2555201
BOTTOM LINE
From a talent and technique standpoint, Tunsil is easily cleanest offensive lineman in the 2016 draft and might be the cleanest prospect period. Tunsil showed signs of rust against Texas A&M in his first game back from a seven-game suspension, and he still kept Myles Garrett in check. Tunsil lacks pure power, but has the body control to be a quality run blocker in space and on levels. Ultimately, his feet, technique and instincts could make him an all-pro and one of the top pass protectors in the NFL.

Hey J, for me it was the bong video. I don't mean the moral issue, as long as you are not driving, operating equipment, performing life saving work, etc. I don't care. But you are on a really big stage, the world is looking at you, and you do something illegal and questionable. This shows a lack of intellect and good sense, I think it was a mistake to draft him where they did, and I am not looking back, I said it from the beginning.

The Not Trusting Low Cognitive Ability People VIPER

Hey J, for me it was the bong video. I don't mean the moral issue, as long as you are not driving, operating equipment, performing life saving work, etc. I don't care. But you are on a really big stage, the world is looking at you, and you do something illegal and questionable. This shows a lack of intellect and good sense, I think it was a mistake to draft him where they did, and I am not looking back, I said it from the beginning.

The Not Trusting Low Cognitive Ability People VIPER

I hear ya. I stopped following that case early, was it ever determined when he did that? Draft year or freshman in college etc?
Social media/cameras capture a lot of stupid things people do when they are young/immature.
See it a lot with twitter posts when athletes were younger before they went pro.

So here we are, there is an Old Saying, "Just Because You Are A Psychopath Does Not Mean You Cannot Be A Success".

Having the Quant run some numbers, here is what we come up with.

Miami wins
17-12
Based on RT17 is still better than Trubisky, each D will get a score, and Miami will get a late TD.

The Ever "Thus Spoke Viper" VIPER

So, in the end, it ended badly. First I hold no personal animus toward Mr. Gase, I hope that all goes well for him and his family in the future.

However, this being said, there is a saying " The true measure of a man is not when times are good, but when times are hard". The reality is that when times got bad, Mr. Gase's Psychopathy got worse. The fact that he will not look the reporters in the eye, and hides behind his hat in press conferences shows that he has some kind of social anxiety issue (see Ricky Williams Helmet), the sitting at the end of the bench, acting like he is writing on a paper is basically him not knowing what to do in a bad situation, so " I will sit over here, and pretend to do something else", I guess you could say it is a bit of "denial by avoidance".

There are those who have observed that all he does is make excuses for the failure of the team, but unfortunately, that is not the case. Children make excuses, the employee that is chronically late makes excuses, the Trader that "Fat Fingers" makes excuses, but Mr. Gase does not. He truly believes what he says, everything you hear come out of his mouth, he has full faith and confidence in.

At this point his "issues" are seriously hindering this team. There are numerous examples, but I think the most glaring was the J Cutler hire. Everyone in the known universe understands that J Cutler is, as Stephen A. put it, "a disease". But in spite of the clear evidence that J Cutlers career is, was, and has been over, Mr. Gase insisted the J. Cutler was the best option, because, Mr Gase said so.

Some have have also posited on this site that Mr Gase should give up play calling. What those who hold this view do not understand is that in his mind, it is not his play calling that is the problem, it is the execution and players not following the "process". He will never give up play calling, this would be an admission of failure, and, again, in his mind he can never fail.

With all of this in mind, I believe, that when the season ends, there will be those whom he will offer up as scapegoats, such as training staff, the intern that makes the coffee, receiver coaches, O and D Line coaches, maybe even Burke. He may even throw RT17 overboard to save his skin, anything is possible with a person such as this, if they are backed into a corner.

Safe to say his career in Miami is not long for this world. I have no doubt the S. Ross will not fire him this year, so we have another year or two of bench sitting, and weird hat wearing, and losing to deal with. But it is also my belief that with the proper application of Bourbon, or whatever our herb of choice might be, you know like St Johns Wort, ETC. Plus the fine uplifting support we receive here on FinHeven, we can get through this together. Good by Mr. Gase, the sooner the better, and have a great life.

The Ever Observant VIPER

P.S. Have you noticed that Jerry Jones looks like a walking cadaver?

Back
Top Bottom