who is better, Philly or Dolphins? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who is better, Philly or Dolphins?

I think Philly has a slight edge in talent but Miami is better coached.

krule-john-c-reilly.gif

Josh Allen left 13 points in the field by skipping a wide open TD pass and botching two spikes at the end of halves. That’s 30 points we should’ve surrendered, which isn’t good by any stretch of the imagination. Let’s not even discuss the yards, TOP, and 3rd down conversion rate. The defense wasn’t good in either of the last 2 games, we got lucky with our opponents shooting themselves in the foot at inopportune times. That kind of luck will not endure. They need to play better, a lot better, starting tomorrow.
You can pick out many things on both sides that should have been…mistakes…miss opportunities …etc etc etc

Bottom line in a heavyweight fight?

Who persevered? Who came out on top?

When the Dolphins needed to make plays to win?…They made them!

I watched the Dolphins great teams…they had many heavy weight fights in the perfect season…! In the end…they overcame tough opponents.

I’m not buying that we somehow got lucky and beat two of the NFL’s best teams!

We outlasted them and we beat them!

You can pick out many things on both sides that should have been…mistakes…miss opportunities …etc etc etc

Bottom line in a heavyweight fight?

Who persevered? Who came out on top?

When the Dolphins needed to make plays to win?…They made them!

I watched the Dolphins great teams…they had many heavy weight fights in the perfect season…! In the end…they overcame tough opponents.

I’m not buying that we somehow got lucky and beat two of the NFL’s best teams!

We outlasted them and we beat them!
The defense had nothing to do with Allen short hopping a pass to a wide open receiver. He hits that pass 99 times out of 100. They also had nothing to do with the two botched snaps on the clock plays. That was on Allen and the heat. We did get lucky in those 3 plays. That’s not to say that we didn’t deserve to win. I’m just saying the defense did not play as well as the 17 points advertised.

As far as the ravens game, the defense was worse. Tua and bad decisions to go for it on 4th down we’re deciding factors. The defense was shredded for most of the game.

This is not an elite defense, as people have advertised. It the same beat up on the bottom tier QBs and get destroyed by the good QBs. The question at hand is who is better the eagles or dolphins. Right now their defense is playing a lot better and it’s not particularly close.

The defense had nothing to do with Allen short hopping a pass to a wide open receiver. He hits that pass 99 times out of 100. They also had nothing to do with the two botched snaps on the clock plays. That was on Allen and the heat. We did get lucky in those 3 plays. That’s not to say that we didn’t deserve to win. I’m just saying the defense did not play as well as the 17 points advertised.

As far as the ravens game, the defense was worse. Tua and bad decisions to go for it on 4th down we’re deciding factors. The defense was shredded for most of the game.

This is not an elite defense, as people have advertised. It the same beat up on the bottom tier QBs and get destroyed by the good QBs. The question at hand is who is better the eagles or dolphins. Right now their defense is playing a lot better and it’s not particularly close.
As far as luck goes, you create your own luck so I never buy that saying you got lucky. Yes, our D is overrated. If we don’t get turnovers we struggle. We could play the woulda coulda shoulda game all day but last Sunday Miami was the better team or last man standing in that heat. I think the heat got to Allen a bit.

As far as luck goes, you create your own luck so I never buy that saying you got lucky. Yes, our D is overrated. If we don’t get turnovers we struggle. We could play the woulda coulda shoulda game all day but last Sunday Miami was the better team or last man standing in that heat. I think the heat got to Allen a bit.
I think that’s a fair point.

Hurts/Tua - Pretty even, Hurts has been a little more consistent and has the run game element.

Sanders/Edmonds&Mostert Probably slight edge to Sanders but another toss up

Brown&Smith/Tyreek&Waddle I like our guys but their two are certainly studs as well

OL an DL pretty even

I like our LBs better

Slay&Bradberry/X& Jones very even

Holland&Co > CGJ&Co

But overall when you break It down position by position these teams are constructed very similarly

Back
Top Bottom