Who is Better? WR or TB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is Better? WR or TB?

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
My point is, what is better value? How much difference is there between Ronnie Brown at the 2 pick and Morency or Barber at the top of 3?

Compare how much difference is there between Mike Williams at 2 and say Roscoe Parrish or Vincent Jackson at the top of 3?

When you look at it that way, the value, if you are going to improve the offense, has to be to take Williams first.

I disagree.

I think you have to look at what the player will bring to the table overall at his position. In that instance, Ronnie Brown isn't just an ordinary running back. He's a running back that is an X-Factor offensively because there just isn't a good way of preparing to defend him. He is a complete player.

Mike Williams is a player who is really a questionable wide receiver prospect and may grow into being a tight end.

The argument gets a little tougher when discussing Ronnie Brown versus Braylon Edwards, but I'd still go with Brown because he will simply do more for the offense than Braylon will. Plus, running backs typically make a bigger immediate impact than wide receivers.

So, I'd rather get Brown and then get someone like Vincent Jackson in the third round than take Edwards and then get Morency in the third round.

Of course, I've got David Greene eyeballed for Miami in the third round, because I believe that with the uncertainty at the quarterback position, Miami absolutely has to use a day 1 pick on a quarterback.

Boomer said:
My point is, what is better value? How much difference is there between Ronnie Brown at the 2 pick and Morency or Barber at the top of 3?

Compare how much difference is there between Mike Williams at 2 and say Roscoe Parrish or Vincent Jackson at the top of 3?

When you look at it that way, the value, if you are going to improve the offense, has to be to take Williams first.
No question. I completely agree in this draft that is the case.

Back
Top Bottom