Who is going to any games this year?? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is going to any games this year??

One thing about south beach: it's really better by public transportation (please no revulsion from anyone). Bus service is very frequent. If you go by car, especially beginning Friday night, traffic and parking can be nightmares. In fact I can see I-395 where it becomes McArthur Causeway from my window and it frequently backs up for about half-mile on the interstate, which doesn't take into account the entire stretch of causeway.

South beach is also by no means the be all and end all. It's where you would most likely go to party like a teenager. There's also the Grove, although hotels there are very expensive, and the west Brickell area close to downtown.

yeah but i've been there before!

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
South Beach is the place to stay in Miami and there are a bunch of cheap hotels there.
i don't want anything too cheap. we got a motel on maui because it was cheap. it was cheap alright, my shoes kept sticking to the carpet!:rolleyes:

Miamian is right! Ocean Drive - South Beach is a nightmare by car, but you can park in a parking garage around 7th St. I have stayed at the Avalon Majestic and it was around $200 a night. The hotels on that strip are pretty pricey. The Fontainbleu Hilton is the closest Hilton hotel unless you book the Hilton Grand Vacations Club/South Beach. There are like townhomes and pricey. Also, try looking up hotels on Ocean Dr, Collins Ave, Washington Ave and Lincoln Ave on www.travelocity.com I just found a rate of $70/night at the Tudor Hotel & Suites at 1111 Collins Ave.

I am a full-time travel agent with an IATA #, so if anyone needs further assistance, please email me at michelestravel@yahoo.com

go to hotels.com, click on an expensive hotel and then put in a cheap price, and you could get accepted.

The upside is that if you do stay on South Beach and are able to leave your car parked someplace, everything is then within walking distance. In December, the weather is really mild and you won't sweat.

For those of you whose first game will be the against the Jets sept 22, you will be in for a rude surprise when you get there. Those who have been to the jets games before can tell you. Fire man ed was down there last year leading the j-e-t-s cheer as we shut you out

Originally posted by Mo Lewis
Fire man ed was down there last year leading the j-e-t-s cheer as we shut you out
Right, and somewhere in NYC at the same time, a firetruck was missing its hood ornament.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom