Who is more of a threat to take a (short) TUA pass to the house- Waddle or Smith? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is more of a threat to take a (short) TUA pass to the house- Waddle or Smith?

Bigger 'house call' threat: Waddle or Smith?

• Total voters
Waddle. But that doesn't mean he's preferred. Fuller, Wilson, Grant if they're healthy and on the roster can take it home.
Grant might take one to HIS home but when it comes to playing football, please don't mention him on the same sentence with the others.

If we are strictly talking more likely to take a short pass to the house, then I’d say Waddle will do that more times than Smith. But Smith is the more polished all-around receiver, that also has game breaking YAC ability.

If I’m choosing who I’d want more on my team, it’s Smith

Waddle, but I would still go Smith as far as a better overall receiver with a bigger route tree.

Waddle is my preference, he’s so dynamic and would bring an element to the dolphins we haven’t had in a long long time. The thing that worries me is i can remember the last speed threat WR who really panned out. Maybe Desean Jackson? For some odd reason the speed receivers that get drafted early have low hit rates.

What say you?

I ask because I am coming to grips with the fact I think Kyle Pitts and Ja'marr Chase may be gone by #6, so these are our next two WR's/Pass Catchers we'd likely take..

I ask the question the way it is because I think speed is a huge thing and I think Waddle, for my sake, can do more for TUA..and his ankle appears to have healed and/or be healing great, btw.

Open discussion. Please be respectful. 🙏👏
Tua isn't an acronym.

Waddle is more of a threat to take a short pass to the house b/c of his speed. Smith is more of a threat to become a guy like Davante Adams, who is your #1 WR.

I'd say Waddle is more likely to take a deep pass to "The Hizzie," too..just the fact that a short pass can go 95 yards for a TD or an end-around or any catch is what makes Jaylen Waddle so enticing, to me!

Waddle is easily the most explosive, and the biggest homerun threat, but question two...

Who is more likely to be open to help his QB most, while helping him to consistently making 3rd down plays to extend drives?

Waddle again probably would also do a good job, but if we're going to be honest, Smith is as good running routes and getting open, as Waddle is getting behind a defense for a big play.

Can't go wrong with either, and after Miami picks Pitts, if either happen to drop...Miami better take him, if one is still there at 18.
Waddle is also a very good route runner and gets great separation. Both guys are studs and either one will help Miamis offense out a lot but I tend to lean towards the guy who has had the most production in college.

Waddle is also a very good route runner and gets great separation. Both guys are studs and either one will help Miamis offense out a lot but I tend to lean towards the guy who has had the most production in college.
I think both will bring a lot to the offense, so to me, it will not effect me one way or the other which of the two Miami takes, if Pitts and Chase are gone.

Though I will say this, if we reach the 6th pick, and Pitts/Chase are gone, I think Smith should be the pick because of being a better route runner, and better safety blanket for Tua, but if Miami ends up taking Pitts or Chase with #6, and by some insane reason, at 18, Smith and Waddle are still there, Waddle would be a better choice with his ridiculous speed to compliment the other guys.

Back
Top Bottom