Who is next in line for a big payday for the Miami Dolphins? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is next in line for a big payday for the Miami Dolphins?

I like Smythe, but I doubt extending him would, in any way, stop them from drafting Pitts if that were their target....lol
He probably doesn't make it to another contract with the Dolphins especially if Miami drafts a TE in the top 3 rounds.

He probably doesn't make it to another contract with the Dolphins especially if Miami drafts a TE in the top 3 rounds.
Another contract?

That's a little too far in the future for me. First of all, I would have to make a big assumption about a possible rd3 TE, then I would have to consider how many jags (decent player but nothing special) get a third contract anyway.

Another contract?

That's a little too far in the future for me. First of all, I would have to make a big assumption about a possible rd3 TE, then I would have to consider how many jags (decent player but nothing special) get a third contract anyway.
If Miami drafted a TE early I would assume they would go with Gesicki, Shaheen, rookie, maybe smythe. or maybe a low end FA addition instead

Depends on how you define "big" payday. Maybe Gesicki if he has another solid season, he could possibly make top 5 at his position argument with another strong season.

If Miami drafted a TE early I would assume they would go with Gesicki, Shaheen, rookie, maybe smythe. or maybe a low end FA addition instead
Am I missing something? I thought there was a report that we had made an extension offer.

Why would we do that a year early if there were any plans to that effect?

I guess I'm not following the rationale.

Gesicki is looking at somewhere between $5m-$8m per year for 5 years. Which IMHO isn't bad for his production. Now if they can't get a deal done and he's franchised, it'll cost $10m plus for him. Hopefully Miami gets it done. If Smythe signs the rumored deal, that's one less roster spot, they'll need to replace.

Am I missing something? I thought there was a report that we had made an extension offer.

Why would we do that a year early if there were any plans to that effect?

I guess I'm not following the rationale.
There might be a report on that. Smythe definitely isn't' a player you would extend early, especially before Gesicki. I think Smythe is FA next season

There might be a report on that. Smythe definitely isn't' a player you would extend early, especially before Gesicki. I think Smythe is FA next season
See post #14 this thread. I don't believe everything I see on twitter, but no reason to think that is not legit.

I guess the organization disagrees about an early extension.

See post #14 this thread. I'm don't believe everything I see on twitter, but no reason to think that is not legit.

I guess the organization disagrees about an early extension.
I mean I guess it's not a bad deal, he does the little things that never get attention.

I mean I guess it's not a bad deal, he does the little things that never get attention.
I know some fans only want to extend top level talent, but that isn't realistic. Every team depends on average players that consistently execute their assignments. It doesn't make sense to keep churning every roster spot looking for pro bowl talent.

That's a fool's errend, IMO.

I like Smythe, but I doubt extending him would, in any way, stop them from drafting Pitts if that were their target....lol

You in the Pitts Bandwagon too LOL? New England will draft him before us if he happens to be there by the 18th pick.

Gesicki????

Back
Top Bottom