Who is next in line for a big payday for the Miami Dolphins? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is next in line for a big payday for the Miami Dolphins?

Brian Flores and some free agents.

I’m not about to start handing out “reward” contracts.

Roll it over.

NE has more pressing needs than a TE in the 1st rd lol
What's your point brother? The giants where 7-9 the year before the 2002 draft, and they ended up taking Jeremy Shockey with the 14th pick in the draft. Granted, Giants had Kerry Collins, Toomer, Hilliard, and Tiki Barber but the Patriots defense ranked 7th in the league just behind us last year. What makes you think the patriots will take a hard pass on Pitts? Specially with Bilichicks love for versatile tight ends.

What's your point brother? The giants where 7-9 the year before the 2002 draft, and they ended up taking Jeremy Shockey with the 14th pick in the draft. Granted, Giants had Kerry Collins, Toomer, Hilliard, and Tiki Barber but the Patriots defense ranked 7th in the league just behind us last year. What makes you think the patriots will take a hard pass on Pitts? Specially with Bilichicks love for versatile tight ends.
My point is if they take Pitts, Good for Miami because who’s New England’s QB? Who are the rest of their skills players? lol

No, not really, but I could see where he was going with the vague comment.

If anything I been wondering why we been discussing PItts, or runningbacks with our first picks. Mike Giseki was the 7th most productive tight end in the league. And Gaskin given the amount of carriers he wasn't doing any different than other rb's in the league outside of the top 7. If anything we need to give him the benefit of the doubt at least.

Very good player . If we can swing the deal at around 11 mil do it and be done with free agency mostly

2021 Free Agent Team Fits: Aaron Jones​

Miami Dolphins​

The most obvious fit on the list, the Miami Dolphins are in serious need of playmakers for quarterback Tua Tagovailoa. The Dolphins tried to upgrade the running back position last year with Jordan Howard and Matt Breida, but neither player was capable of overtaking Myles Gaskin. Gaskin is a fine role player, but he lacks the ability to be a true three-down weapon like Jones. Armed with over $25 million in available cap space, Miami should be able to pay Jones without hindering their ability to improve other parts of the roster.

Puke. This isn't a typical Grier move so hopefully doesn't happen. The one position I gave him a pass on was RB because of how well that position has been navigated over the course of his tenure but this would be worse than drafting Ballage ... which I still can't believe happened.

Competitive teams do not make moves like this for FA backs. Full stop.

The Smythe deal makes sense if its real. Its in line with the Rowe, Hurns, Sieler extensions they've been offering to useful depth players.

I don't think there's another player I'd offer an extension to on this team. I'm sure they're talking to Baker, Ogbah and Gesicki but I wouldn't offer any of them anything with a significant chunk of guarantees. Gesicki still has to prove hes more than a one dimensional player. Ogbah isn't getting the check he wants off of 8 good games.

We might get a few deals struck after free agency if there are some prominent free agents that end up settling for much less than expected due to the cap situation. If players start to hear that next season the cap will largely be stagnant then they might be more open to taking an under market deal.

Back
Top Bottom