Who is on your Mount Rushmore of Coaches? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is on your Mount Rushmore of Coaches?

In reality when you look at their reverence to the game as a whole

George Halas - original founder of the NFL, coached the Bears off/on from 1920-67, won 6 championships, 318 wins [most seasons playing only 10-12 games] would the Bears even exist if not for him?

Paul Brown - the only coach with a team named after him, Coached Cleveland, Cincinnati 1946-73 won 3 NFL titles and 4 All American Football Conference titles in a row, later founded the Bengals

Vince Lombardi - won 3 NFL Championships and 2 SB's in 7 years, never suffered a losing season, helped break the colour barrier in pro football and the SB trophy is named after him.

Don Shula - 2 SB wins 347 wins the most ever, 26 seasons as HC, made Miami a sporting city as before hand it was never noticed on the national stage, was involved for 50 years with the organisation, mayor member of the rules committee, one of the most respected people in the NFL all with out a hint of scandal.

The cheater simply should take one of his spygate camera's and take a picture of them and be thankful.

I assume Football only... ( John Wooden....)

Paul Brown, George Halas, Vince Lombardi, Don Shula

Definitely a good list. I put Belichick on because he won quite a bit after Spy gate, so it wasn’t the cheating. But I understand the dislike LOL

gotta add soft balls in there and they were tagged again last year filming -- was it Cleveland?

Either way -- he's a PROVEN CHEAT and you can bet he's still doing it tho not getting tagged.

Impossible to tell how many times he's cheated and just wasn't caught. But I bet it's a LOT!

I dunno. To be honest guys like Lombardi and Walsh are just names to me. They retired before I was born and I only know then through second hand accounts. Similar story with Shula, but I know a hell of a lot more about him.

I imagine any list has to include Lombardi, Shula and Belichick

Who you prefer out of the likes of Walsh, Halas, Noll, Landry etc seems subjective.

Bill Walsh created the west coast offense. Think joe Montana.

he did wonders for the evolution of offensive football

Don Shula
Bud Grant
Vince Lombardi
Tom Landry

Bud Grant?

He was punk ass!

Very jealous of The Don.

You could carve Grant's face on the side of a pine

somewhere in rural Minnesota but that's the best

"monument" he gets. IMO. Of course.

Back