Who is our starting TE now? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is our starting TE now?

QuebecFinsFan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Alonzo Mayes???

plenty of potential but cannot stay healthy for an entire season...

Jed Weaver???

Decent pass catching TE but isn't much of a blocker for RW...

Shawn Draper???

A project on the practice squad... Must be a good blocker since he played OT in college...

Ed Perry???

no comment....stay where tou are man...Long Snapper:lol:

Is it me or if it were possible to make a mix of the 1st 3 guy, we would have a hell of a TE?

I heard from someone we have a chance at getting freddie jones

I believe Jed's technically the starting TE but that's not a lock by any means. I think we'll have to wait until the preseason to find out.

My understanding is that Wanne still thinks Mayes will come back and be the man and that they like Draper to replace Goodwin as the blocking TE. Not sure if Norv will want a blocking TE since he actually throws the ball to the TE. Jed was tendered so they obviously still plan to use him as 2nd TE or TE in passing situations.

I wonder if they are still as high on Draper as they were when Gailey was still OC?

Originally posted by QuebecFinsFan
Alonzo Mayes???

plenty of potential but cannot stay healthy for an entire season...

Jed Weaver???

Decent pass catching TE but isn't much of a blocker for RW...

Shawn Draper???

A project on the practice squad... Must be a good blocker since he played OT in college...

Ed Perry???

no comment....stay where tou are man...Long Snapper:lol:

Is it me or if it were possible to make a mix of the 1st 3 guy, we would have a hell of a TE?
I think Mayes will get alot of the reps in the mini camps, the only thing he has done since the Phins gave up a 7th rnd pick 2 years ago is collect a paycheck. Mayes should be put through the test in training camp and the preseason (if he makes it that far without injury), it's either put up or shut up for A- Mayes this season. Weaver IMOP will flourish in Turners offense and I think his blocking will improve. Draper is what he is -- an O-L playing the T- End position!! We need Perry as a long snapper because as the Ravens and a few other teams have found out , that a good long snapper is hard to find .. Marino1983

not anymore

Originally posted by HeHitMe
I heard from someone we have a chance at getting freddie jones

Cardinals | F. Jones Agrees to 3-year Deal - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
13:54 PT: ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Arizona Cardinals have agreed to terms with free agent TE Freddie Jones (Chargers) on a three-year, $5.1 million deal that includes a $1.25 million signing bonus.
much too rich a contract for our cap

I wouldn't be surprised to see Draper moved to offensive tackle at some point. He's not very tall, but he has quick feet. Needs this offseason in the weight room.

Alonzo will get every opportunity to win the job. It wouldn't surprise me to see him listed as the 1st team TE going into the mini-camps.

Like inFin said Draper's status changed when Gailey left since Chan wanted was a blocker at TE

Quality update on F. Jones

Although, I thought he would have pretty good here..with Fauria gone, and Freddie Jones gone...the clock is ticking on Miami picking up any semblance of a real tight end.
Dilger and Chamberlain...still out there.

Looks like we are still far more interested in spending our last dime on a DE and/or KR/PR/WR

Yeah. I have to wonder why we are looking at Shane Burton. He offers nothing in the form of a pass rush.

I think Michael Sinclair has lost a lot as well. He was a terrific pass rusher 4 years ago, but his last two seasons have been abysmal. I'd rather we take a chance on Andre Wadsworth, even though he had microsurgery on his knee (which is something that is fairly difficult to overcome; same surgery Penny Hardaway had).

I do like the mean streak and the burst David Bowens brings. Loved that special teams tackle he made on the onside kick!!

Originally posted by KB21
I do like the mean streak and the burst David Bowens brings. Loved that special teams tackle he made on the onside kick!!
Bowens has shown the ability to be a starting DE - no doubt. That hit was vicious :evil:

DBo, not to be confused with TimBo, needs to hone his pass rush skills, IMO. He's very quick off the ball and has a burst, but he lacks in technique.

Back
Top Bottom