who is still a ricky fan or would at least take him back | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who is still a ricky fan or would at least take him back

I would not accept Ricky back if he played like he did the year before he retired and payed the Fins to play instead of the Fins paying him. He is a disgrace to the organization and football itself. I will throw up if Saban accepts him and keeps him. Im okay if we get him back and trade him but all you people who are willing to accept him have no honor or pride in your favorite team. Ive followed the Fins all my life and respect their organization more than anything else. If i met Ricky i think id cuss him out, he is pathetic.

you would be kissing his black azz as soon as he breaks his first long run for a td. Admit it! You people can say what you want but i know everyone of you guys would jump back on his bandwagon once he started producing. stop lying to yourself....

HelloMotto said:

you would be kissing his black azz as soon as he breaks his first long run for a td. Admit it! You people can say what you want but i know everyone of you guys would jump back on his bandwagon once he started producing. stop lying to yourself....
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't this about winning, not about bickering. What is done is done. Saban realizes this and so does the team. If Saban and the Dolphins are okay with it then so am I....

BTW would you rather save the #2 overall pick in the draft and keep a 1st rounder, proven, productive back, or draft a franshise RB (which are not that hard to find) in the one of the best RB classes ever where you can still pick up a good RB in later rounds if Saban thinks we need it...:confused:

Which would make us a better team?

The choice is obvious, get as much value as possible out of this draft and the high draft choice as possible as we are starting fresh and need everything we can get.

kizzaboo said:
Isn't this about winning, not about bickering. What is done is done. Saban realizes this and so does the team. If Saban and the Dolphins are okay with it then so am I....

BTW would you rather save the #2 overall pick in the draft and keep a 1st rounder, proven, productive back, or draft a franshise RB (which are not that hard to find) in the one of the best RB classes ever where you can still pick up a good RB in later rounds if Saban thinks we need it...:confused:

Which would make us a better team?

The choice is obvious, get as much value as possible out of this draft and the high draft choice as possible as we are starting fresh and need everything we can get.
I agree with everything except that franchise back is not hard to find. I think of a franchise player to be an "elite" player. Ricky is. There were too many first round RB busts to label any RB a franchise back before he proves it on the field.

But, look at all the 1000 yrd rushers now days. It doesnt take as much anymore to have a productive back year in and year out. RBs are often just products of thier offence. Well you put a good team around a RB then he will do well. We dont need an a runningback that can carry the rock 30 times a game. But we have one, which is great... if he comes back. But if he doesnt thats fine. Hell, Gordan could get 1,000 yards. With a balanced attack thats all we need.

There are 2 other positions of either need or question.

A 3rd WR to complete the offence, or a QB to develope and take a shot on as QBs are much harder to find than RBs.

begrudgingly, yes.

i loved ricky when he was here, till he broke our hearts.

but man, would it be sweet to see #34 in the backfield again.

if i can forget.....

TRP34 said:
begrudgingly, yes.

i loved ricky when he was here, till he broke our hearts.

but man, would it be sweet to see #34 in the backfield again.

if i can forget.....

You dont have to, the team already has.

I would take him back only if other players on the team take him back. I am just a fan, not one who works with him. But me as an Army guy with 21 years in the service would give him one more shot at being a team member on my team. My point is, his head has to be in it and he has to do it for the right reasons.

Its not about being angry over what Ricky did. Its about not being able to trust him in the future. Ricky still wont apologize and continues to say that he feels he did nothing wrong. With that kind of attitude, you have to conclude that it is extremely likely that he would quit again as soon as something didnt go his way. If he decides to un-retire the Phin's only options are to take him back or cut him, but I dont think you can rely on him at all so you have to approach the draft and FA as if Ricky is not going to be there. If Ricky somehow develops some character and plays the entire season then great...if not, then no great loss because you planned on him not being around anyway.

Is it really possible for him to gain back his weight and get into playing shape so he can be a playmaker? So Caution is a key word

Back
Top Bottom