Who is the best fit WR in 2021 class for Tua? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is the best fit WR in 2021 class for Tua?

you basically have a waddle type player and game in Albert Wilson.

I’ve seen waddle projected top 12. You kidding me for his game and skill set that is way too rich.

you basically have a waddle type player and game in Albert Wilson.

I’ve seen waddle projected top 12. You kidding me for his game and skill set that is way too rich.
A younger, much much healthier Wilson

I know what you are saying. Tua prefers the relaxed setting where the route is well practiced with the timing and separation dependable. He can vary the pass perfectly based on how the play evolves, hitting the receiver perfectly in stride.

Parker and Williams played to Fitzpatrick's strengths because he'll either wing it kamikaze style or throw up a jump ball. Neither one is Tua's preferred repertoire, at least not that we've seen.

I might be underselling Williams and separation. He did show it several times, along with dropping some of them. That was no big deal, BTW. They deserved mention but I thought it was overblown regarding future likelihood.

Williams' separation seems to be more one-gear than quick cuts.

I don't know what to think of Gesicki. Weird frame and weird player. He's good for a few plays per game. I'm not sure it matters who the quarterback is.

I was thrilled with the Malcolm Perry pick for exactly this reason, that he has the same type of skill set as some of the Alabama guys. His instant separation is similar to Jeudy's and should lead to some gorgeous connections with Tua. Of course, I am projecting based on watching Perry with the ball compared to Jeudy bursting clear without the ball. I'm willing to risk it. That elusiveness is so rare with Perry. I just hope the Dolphins are bright enough to use him as running back and not wide receiver. The only thing that briefly derailed my excitement over the pick was when the ESPN screen was listing Perry as wide receiver. I'm going to relax and give Flores more credit than that.
Miami listed him at RB

dudes gotta give some credit where it's due -- Gesicki turned his game around
a LOT last year and given his rep for super hard work I see no reason the kid
doesn't ramp up even more...

And the bottom line is -- he is a pretty freaky athlete albeit not in your classic
conventional TE role.

But I wouldn't bet against the kid.

also think given Tua's precision / placement he might really like
the ball attackers we got downfield. I mean Parker was just dominant
with 50/50 balls and embarrassed a number of pretty good CBs with
his high point.

Hell if Fitz can set those opportunities up I see no reason why Tua can't?

Tua likes to get the ball out quick, even on deeper routes. You better be where you're supposed to be. He prefers fast receivers that can run, create separation early, and run after catch. Must be precise route runners that can defeat press coverage with their foot release and understand spacing.

Devonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, Rondale Moore, Rashod Bateman, Ja'Marr Chase, Tylan Wallace, Dazz Newsome, Chris Olave.

I think the idea for Malcolm Perry is to be a pass catching threat out of the backfield.

He might be able to transition to WR eventually, but that won't happen quickly.

Tua likes to get the ball out quick, even on deeper routes. You better be where you're supposed to be. He prefers fast receivers that can run, create separation early, and run after catch. Must be precise route runners that can defeat press coverage with their foot release and understand spacing.

Devonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, Rondale Moore, Rashod Bateman, Ja'Marr Chase, Tylan Wallace, Dazz Newsome, Chris Olave.

Maybe it's his slightness, but Devonta Smith reminds me of Marvin Harrison. Little wasted movement, just knows when to put his foot in the ground and change direction, and he can get on top of anyone. We're both higher than most on Tylan Wallace (absolutely love him), but Smith will probably be my Sr WR1.

I understand that and agree he can pinpoint the ball, I just hope our receivers can keep up with the kid, he’s ready to throw so fast, and the release is so fast..

You hope our WR's can keep up with Tua?

Really?

Tua is just that good, huh?

With Tua's accuracy....does Grant, Wilson & Breida become the main targets over Parker, Preston, Gesicki?

You hope our WR's can keep up with Tua?

Really?

Tua is just that good, huh?
Yes I do think he is that good, I Think he likes to play at a certain pace and style, and you need receivers that compliment that style, receivers who know they need to be at an exact spot, receivers who are precise in timing, because the qbs timing, quickness and accuracy are real hi level man..I had us drafting Parker when he came out, and Said Williams is gonna be a star, so I love our receivers, just Need them to be really on top of their route running and break off the line..

imo they need to do Tua specific training for the receiver position..lol

Yes I do think he is that good, I Think he likes to play at a certain pace and style, and you need receivers that compliment that style, receivers who know they need to be at an exact spot, receivers who are precise in timing, because the qbs timing, quickness and accuracy are real hi level man..I had us drafting Parker when he came out, and Said Williams is gonna be a star, so I love our receivers, just Need them to be really on top of their route running and break off the line..

imo they need to do Tua specific training for the receiver position..lol

I won't say anything here because I don't feel like hearing that I'm a hater...but this pic is me right now.
giphy.gif

Just cause he’s accurate vertically outside the numbers doesn’t mean tua can’t throw the same concepts and ball out of hand to Preston Williams or dvp fitz did.

just means he’s much more likely to lead the wr than throw a 50/50 on those concepts

he’s dropping balls vertically outside the numbers in the bucket all over the place. I do think with his arm ball will come out of hand earlier than some cannon armed guys but that’s expected and I’m sure the pocket drops will sync up accordingly

Just cause he’s accurate vertically outside the numbers doesn’t mean tua can’t throw the same concepts and ball out of hand to Preston Williams or dvp fitz did.

just means he’s much more likely to lead the wr than throw a 50/50 on those concepts

he’s dropping balls vertically outside the numbers in the bucket all over the place. I do think with his arm ball will come out of hand earlier than some cannon armed guys but that’s expected and I’m sure the pocket drops will sync up accordingly
If this applies to my comment, I want to be clear, I'm not saying he can't or won;t throw to Parker & Preston, I'm just wondering if these other guys' speed is a better match for Tua's gifts. His accuracy and ability to look and throw receivers open, seems to line up great with speedy guys.

Back
Top Bottom