Who is the better MLB? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is the better MLB?

Okay,yet another question arises.If you take away the front 4,(which obviously the Ravens and Dolphins have as strong points) who would then be considered the best MLB?I think that is the true deciding factor.If Zach or Ray were behind a terrible D-line,I'm not 100% sure that either of them would be "the best".Good ...yes,but there are too many deciding factors to ever completely agree.

hate to say it, but I would take Ray over Zach if I were say the Colts. :eek: Zach still has trouble when a guard or center can get on him quickly, i.e. Mawae or Wiesnewski (though those 2 are PB'ers)

Originally posted by RavensBerns
Zach is a stand-out LB because he does everything he can do with his size as such a disadvantage. I put him in a class above Brookings et al.

Statistics don't tell the entire story. First, consider that Ray finished with nearly 200 tackles when in the first half of the year he was considered as having an off-year. Second, there is no stat that can read how often the defense tries running away from you or when the defense busts a play because you're in the way even though you don't get a tackle. Ray makes a difference in 70% of the plays on the field. He is everywhere, even if he's not making the tackle he's disrupting something.

This same arguement could be used for Zach, but I would add that Zach played a few games this season w/an ankle injury, and then missed 1 game w/a torn rotator cuff. I would also argue that even though they have the same stats that Ray plays w/a much better d-line, and lbs since Darryl and Rodgers went down. ZAch always is calling the plays befroe tehy happen, he is in on atleast 70% of the plays, and he usually a factor on every play. The last thing I have to say is it is ver hard to run away from a MLB, and if he was a good at reading plays as you say he is then no play would be run away from him.

read the article...

...and I would have to say Shannon Sharp is like a Seinfeld episode: a bunch of talk, with some humor thrown in, but it really is a show about nothing.

Shannon, I lost all respect for you the day you dissed Marino.

Not really a fair comparison when Zach is playing hurt with a revolving door playing in front of him.

Still, 20+ tackles is a good days work for anyone!

Ray Lewis is the best MLB in the NFL period.

Thomas is a worker. He hustles his butt off and he is a top five at the position, but I'd put Urlacher and a healthy Cowart ahead of him too

Originally posted by Jeff1220
Ray Lewis is the best MLB in the NFL period.

Thomas is a worker. He hustles his butt off and he is a top five at the position, but I'd put Urlacher and a healthy Cowart ahead of him too

Cowart? That is like me saying that Thomas is better than Mike Singletary.

You will see just how good Cowart is next year, if he comes back from his achilles injury 100% - no matter what team he might be on. You want to talk stats, well before he went down from that cheap shot vs. Tampa last year (the game that started the downward spiral for the Bills), Cowarts stats put Ray Lewis' to shame. The finished really close in tackles, but Cowart had more sacks and 4 fewer games than Ray. I still think Lewis is a better linebacker than Sam, but Thomas is not.

Originally posted by Jeff1220
And to compare Thomas to Singletary ?- ROTFLMAO!

I said that saying Cowart is better than Thomas is like saying Thomas is better than Singletary. You (and your fellow Bills fans) are probably the only people on earth that think Cowart is even in the same league as Thomas.

Back
Top Bottom