Cowart: 1999 16 16 79 46 1 0 1 1 0 0
2000 12 12 88 41 5.5 2 1 2 3 0

Thomas: 2000 11 11 56 43 1.5 1 0 1 0 0
2001 15 15 96 59 3.5 2 2 0 0 1

R. Lewis: 2000 16 16 107 30 3 2 0 3 0 0
2001 15 15 110 47 3.5 3 1 1 0 0

Urlacher: 2001 15 15 88 26 5 3 2 2 101 1
2000 16 14 97 26 8 2 0 1 0 0

As you can see, Cowart put Thomas's 2000 numbers to shame in both 1999 and 2000 (w/only 12 games) as 1 of 2 inside linebackers. As the sole MLB this year, I'm sure his tackling total would have spiked dramatically. Now I've given ZT his props, but I refuse to concede that he is better than Sam. Even after missing twenty games in two years he will be one of the hot free agents this year if the Bills don't sign him.
And it isn't only Bills fans that think so. I remember in a chat with Mortenson earlier this year, he also said that Ray Lewis was bar none the best, but Urlacher and Cowart were a toss up for second. Personally, I'd rather have Urlacher than any, just because of his age. The guy is only in his second year!

My Dad is bigger than your Dad!

We can do this all week. Let's just agree to disagree and let next year do the the talking for itself.

wait until next year........................

Originally posted by Jeff1220
My Dad is bigger than your Dad!

We can do this all week. Let's just agree to disagree and let next year do the the talking for itself.

i think i've said that a few times myself!:rolleyes:

Didn't the Ravens run for over 225 yards against the 'Fins?
In the game I saw on TV, 80% of those running plays were between the tackles.
Where does Zach play? Between the tackles?

Bringing out Zach's regular season stats is about as relevant as bringing out Marino's. Great players on paper, but when it really counted....

Zach had 22 tackles, but there are 10 other guys that are supposed to help. In particular the D scheme calls for the DT's to tie up the interior linemen and let Zach make the tackle. Ag. the ravens the DT's could not tie up their shoes.

oh yeah, Cowart was ahead of Zach on last year's Pro Bowl depth chart (just behind Mr. Lewis).

If Takeo Spikes didn't play for the Bungles he'd be ahead of both Thomas and Cowart IMHO.

And I could have run for 100 yards against the 'Fins with that sort of blocking on Sunday - Thomas did well for someone who was constantly having to deal with an unblocked centre or guard.

Originally posted by dolphan39
Zach had 22 tackles, but there are 10 other guys that are supposed to help. In particular the D scheme calls for the DT's to tie up the interior linemen and let Zach make the tackle. Ag. the ravens the DT's could not tie up their shoes.

Against the feared & sophisticated <not> Baltimore offence I might add.

I still can't understand how the 'phins can spend the majority of their salary $'s on D & get pushed around by as basic an O as the Ravens. It'll only get worse for you guys as you move into salary cap "jail" this year.

BigDoug we spent tons of money on 2 guys were hurt and could not help out Zach in Daryl Gardener and Derrick Rodgers, but that being said our D coordinator should have gone away from keeping both S's deep and brought at least 1 of em up to support the run.

Originally posted by Jeff1220
oh yeah, Cowart was ahead of Zach on last year's Pro Bowl depth chart (just behind Mr. Lewis).

Zach played in 11 games and in those games he was injured, yet he still made the Pro Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom