Who is the Biggest Surprise Player of 2020? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is the Biggest Surprise Player of 2020?

I would definitely agree that Igbinoghene would be a HUGE surprise player this year. I’ve been watching more film on him and he drastically needs to improve his ball location skills and his tendency to grab receivers with his hands late in the route. If not he may lead the league in holding and pass interference penalties. I see that he’s a competitor and a good kid, but he’s may be the most raw prospect we drafted in a class full of raw prospects. Probably 2, if not 3 years, away IMO.
A little similar to X. Howard coming out. I think Howard showed better ball skills, but Igbinoghene sticks with receivers. If he can improve the grabbing tendencies, I think the sky is the limit.

I think the defensive unit will end up being a surprise. We don’t have a ton of elite, flashy talent, but we do have a ton of young, versatile players who have something to prove. I don’t think everything will come together immediately, but I could see us being a top 10-15 defense the back half of the season. In particular I expect Davis, Jones, Igbinoghene, Weaver and Strowbridge to provide valuable snaps as rookies.

Raekwon Davis will affect the middle. People will be surprised, but that's what's gonna happen...
Some mixed opinions on Raekwon Davis, but I really liked him at Alabama. Going back a bit, I remember Tim Bowens didn't necessarily stand out on the stat sheet, but he was a heck of a player for Miami in the middle of those defenses.

Back
Top Bottom