Who is the Biggest Surprise Player of 2020? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is the Biggest Surprise Player of 2020?

I feel that over 1/2 of our draft class will perform well and become starters with respectable to very good stats!

That is what this team needs especially how stripped back it became experience and depth wise, thus making it easier for players to step up.
In saying that if Grier and Flo did draft 7 starters and Tua is one of them then you have to give them a A+ both in drafting and development of players.
It's exactly what the Fins need in making this rebuild a success.

That is what this team needs especially how stripped back it became experience and depth wise, thus making it easier for players to step up.
In saying that if Grier and Flo did draft 7 starters and Tua is one of them then you have to give them a A+ both in drafting and development of players.
It's exactly what the Fins need in making this rebuild a success.

That's what I am hoping for.

No prediction, but I'd love for it to be Davis and/or one of the OGs not named Flowers.

You know I didnt mention Davis because it wouldnt surprise me for him to be great. I completely expect him to do great this year for us but I have noticed people on this site do not feel the same way.

I'm hoping Weaver can be that guy. Some people doubts him but he's dealt with that before so I hope he gets a real chance to show what he can do.

I was trying to find players who have kind of been forgotten. Ishidora and Jennings kind of fit that description.
If Tua has been working with Jennings and they develop some chemistry, its highly possible. (assuming when tua starts)

Maybe Dieter does a total 180 and shocks us?

I'll say maybe Parker on defense, as a solid safety

Hopefully Noah Igbo whatever the **** his name is.

In my heart of hearts I hope it is Austin Jackson.

I would definitely agree that Igbinoghene would be a HUGE surprise player this year. I’ve been watching more film on him and he drastically needs to improve his ball location skills and his tendency to grab receivers with his hands late in the route. If not he may lead the league in holding and pass interference penalties. I see that he’s a competitor and a good kid, but he’s may be the most raw prospect we drafted in a class full of raw prospects. Probably 2, if not 3 years, away IMO.

The guy who may really surprise many Dolphin fans is the free agent we picked up from the Bengals, #42 Clayton Fejedelem. As a Special Teams player, he is really fast, a great tackler and capable of making big plays. Seem to recall that we swooped on "Feje" on the first day of free agency. He was the Bengals Special Teams captain (don't be surprised if he is appointed a team captain from the get go). This is a player we really wanted (and probably offered more to beat other teams signing him) - he flies fast at low altitude completely under the radar. Donald Trump described the Stealth Bomber - Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit as invisible "because you literally can't see it". Yes, he actually said it - well Fejedelem may be the Dolphins new B-2 stealth bomber. His invisibility is such that I bet some FH posters had even forgotten that we got him.

BTW Contract details (per Spotrac) - Clayton Fejedelem signed a 3 year, $8,550,000 contract with the Miami Dolphins, including $3,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $2,850,000. Not bad money for a special teamer but much less than an actual stealth bomber. To put it in comparative Special Teams expenditure perspective, the Patriots long term Pro Bowler, Matthew Slater is on a 2 year deal averaging $2,650,000. Fejedelem is paid near the top of his market simply because he happens to be very good.

Last edited:
Pretty sure a ton of people would root against Rosen if/when he ever took the field. Just like happened last year when they were terrified he would keep us from drafting Tua.

We wanted Rosen to play!

Back
Top Bottom