Who is the Fins 2nd best player of all time? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is the Fins 2nd best player of all time?

IMHO, it is something like this:

1. Dan Marino (GOAT)
2. Larry Csonka (yeah, he's the guy who broke Jim Brown's records at Syracuse and then led the Dolphins to the only NFL Undefeated Season)
3. Dwight Stephenson (of the TWO Dolphin Centers in the HoF, he's the best)
4. Jason Taylor (lots of good players can make a case for this one, but I'm going with Jason Taylor, fantastic pass rusher and inexplicably a very good run defender despite being constantly undersized. Did whatever it took to play an incredible number of games per season, and really gave his all for the Dolphins until Parcells didn't want him anymore)
5. Paul Warfield (Lots of good players here, but I'm going with our greatest ever WR, and if he played today he would be a perennial All-Pro, but his legend is only muffled by the fact that the rules favored running back then. Singular talent).

Honorable Mention: Too many to truly list, but here are some: Larry Little, Bill Standfill, Zach Thomas, Bob Griese, Nick Buonticonti, Manny Fernandez, Richard "D..k" Anderson, Bob Baumhower, Ed Newman, Jim Langer, and of the recent Dolphins, Ndomakong Suh and Cam Wake. We have been a fortunate franchise over the years ... just not so much lately.

Dwight Stephenson, the greatest Center ever.

Bear Bryant said Stephenson was the best player he ever coached (while at Alabama).

All good choices above but I'll throw out two more names for consideration in the top 5. Larry Little and Jake Scott.

Stephenson, Csonka, Langer and Warfield in no particular order.
Taylor and Little a notch below.

We all know who number 1 is, but who would you say is the 2nd ever greatest player for our beloved Dolphins?
Everybody take a breath and slow down. There is one Dolphins player whom many many sportswriters -including Paul Zimmerman as one example - consider to be the greatest player at his position OF ALL TIME. He is frequently overlooked because of his position. People should google the incredible way Shula spoke about him as well as many sportswriters. As much as I love Marino, this man may have been better at his position than Marino was at quarterback. That man is DWIGHT STEPHENSON. Probably the greatest center to ever play the game. Young guys who don’t know who I’m talking about google him. If the question is who was best at his position after Marino, for me it’s Stephenson.

Griese. It wasn't until late into Marino's career that it became clear he was the best QB Miami ever fielded through his high production over a long, long time.

Back
Top Bottom