Who is your must-have late round gem? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is your must-have late round gem?

Few late round/undrafted acorns...possibly

Cameron Tom, C, Southern Mississippi: Four-year starter, including three at center.
Should have opened eyes with pro day numbers that put the higher-rated centers to shame:
4.88 40, vertical jump of 32 and broad jump of 9-8. Arms were 34 1/8,
Wonderlic was 28. Tom (6-3 ½, 300) is a smart, versatile player who could ascend.

JORDAN MORGAN, Kutztown (6-2 ½, 310, 5.40, 4-5): Gene Upshaw Award winner as the top lineman in Division II.
“He’s an athlete,” said one scout. “It was mixed at the combine but he’d be an interesting mid-round guy. He’s light on his feet.” Started 43 games at LT but projects more to center and guard. “He was at the Senior Bowl and held his own,” another scout said.
“Jahri Evans is the bench mark for that league (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference).
Sounds like this guy is the same kind of guy.” Longest arms of the centers (34 5/8).
“Sleeper type kid,” a third scout said. “He’s got a lot of up side. He’ll make it.” From Philadelphia.

Grover Stewart, DT, Albany State (Ga.): Massive (6-4½, 334) interior player from the Division II ranks.
Visited a ton of teams this spring after flashing in the NFLPA all-star game,
running a 5.17 40 and bench-pressing 30 times. He also amassed 27 sacks in four seasons.
Don’t be surprised if he sneaks into the fourth or fifth round.

Nate Gerry.

I am partial to him being a star for my local Huskers, but my interest is not unfounded. The kid can play ball and I've been hoping the Fins take a late round flyer on him.

Specs:
6' 2" 220 lbs
40 YD- 4:58
Vertical: 30.5"
Broad: 10' 2"
Bench: 17 reps

INT CAREER: 13
TACKLES: 273

Negatives: Missed final bowl game due to Academics. Was flagged a decent amount for helmet hits. Has some tightness in his hips. Not an ideal 1v1 cover man. Doesn't have blazing speed (even though he was High School state track champion several times). Can load up and miss some tackles.

Positives: Instincts. He can sniff out plays and bring the hammer. Big hitter. Does get his hands on the ball and generate turnovers (13 in career). Brings a fierce passion to the defense.

Fit: SS backup behind Reshad or compete for playing time in Slot/Nickel. Teams have approached him about playing WLB. Obvious special teams value as tackler. These are not big needs for us, but I'd still like to see them snag him late. He would be an asset to the aggressive defensive culture Gase is wanting to construct.

[video=youtube;-QBYpf6m9Y0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QBYpf6m9Y0&t=179s[/video]

I love 3:25 mark. Huskers are down 55-3 to Ohio St. in the 4th quarter. They are getting killed. Lot of guys start giving up or playing softer at that point. Not Gerry. Man is still attacking.

Few late round/undrafted acorns...possibly

Cameron Tom, C, Southern Mississippi: Four-year starter, including three at center.
Should have opened eyes with pro day numbers that put the higher-rated centers to shame:
4.88 40, vertical jump of 32 and broad jump of 9-8. Arms were 34 1/8,
Wonderlic was 28. Tom (6-3 ½, 300) is a smart, versatile player who could ascend.

JORDAN MORGAN, Kutztown (6-2 ½, 310, 5.40, 4-5): Gene Upshaw Award winner as the top lineman in Division II.
“He’s an athlete,” said one scout. “It was mixed at the combine but he’d be an interesting mid-round guy. He’s light on his feet.” Started 43 games at LT but projects more to center and guard. “He was at the Senior Bowl and held his own,” another scout said.
“Jahri Evans is the bench mark for that league (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference).
Sounds like this guy is the same kind of guy.” Longest arms of the centers (34 5/8).
“Sleeper type kid,” a third scout said. “He’s got a lot of up side. He’ll make it.” From Philadelphia.

Grover Stewart, DT, Albany State (Ga.): Massive (6-4½, 334) interior player from the Division II ranks.
Visited a ton of teams this spring after flashing in the NFLPA all-star game,
running a 5.17 40 and bench-pressing 30 times. He also amassed 27 sacks in four seasons.
Don’t be surprised if he sneaks into the fourth or fifth round.

A center would be a great idea. We can't count on Pouncey to stay healthy and imo he's on his last year with the team regardless of what Gase is saying.

Ozzy rules!!

Jalen Reeves-Maybin or Jeremy Sprinkle

Cole Hikutini. I think he's worth burning one of the 5th round picks on.

I like Hikutini... another player most drafts have going in the 7th round. My biggest knock on him is he's a good receiver but can't block. But neither can Julius Thomas. Sprinkle and and Hikutini to groom behind Fasano and Thomas could work. Sprinkle was booted from the Senior Bowl for shoplifting and had a poor combine.

Surprised that Edge Byran Cox jr's of Fla. name not mentioned here. Or LB Ben Boulware of Clemson. Both would be welcomed additions in the 5th or beyond. Don't be surprised if a late round pick went on a QB flyer like last yr.

I like Boulware, but I belive he is very undersize, isn't he?

Back
Top Bottom