Who needs a QB, and who has the ammo? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who needs a QB, and who has the ammo?

One thing to consider though is that alot of teams have the ability to add ammo to their arsenal... Just like Miami did by trading both Minkah and Tunsil... Without looking at other teams rosters, some might have the ability to trade some of their rookie contract players for more ammo.

yeah but that usually goes down before the draft and bumps teams up a little bit with their 1st round pick.

I don’t see much getting folks outside of that top 7 into the top 5 short of actual draft picks.

the good news is the nfl seems to place more ammo value in draft picks than actual trade incumbent players. Probably cause you have to take on the contract/work out a long term extension with the take on player/players.

Miami is rebuilding and needs to find a lot of capable players, so IMO they shouldn't even think about trading up... not even for a QB. Most QBs that turned out to be elite were not drafted #1 or #2 overall. Stay with #5, or possibly trade down for more picks.

let it play out. It in Grier/ flores hand.. to make dolphins great again.. only time will tell

If Tua checks out health wise he's going to be the number 2 pick this year. Someone is going to move up to 2 to take him.

The only way it doesn't happen is if Washington thinks Chase Young is a generational pass rusher.

If I was in the FO, I'd skip a QB with first pick and fill needs elsewhere. Use our draft capital in 2021 and go after Trevor Lawrence.

I dunno. That's a little too simple. I'd not intentionally skip a QB. If a QB Miami likes is available at a spot and is ranked above or equal to the others, I wouldn't pass just because of a position - particularly QB. Now, if getting a QB requires 'reaching' past another player/position, you're on firmer ground

If I was in the FO, I'd skip a QB with first pick and fill needs elsewhere. Use our draft capital in 2021 and go after Trevor Lawrence.
If Lawrence stays on track it’s going to take a lot more to move to him than Burrow or Tua this year, count on it. I would think we would be out of reach altogether

One thing to consider though is that alot of teams have the ability to add ammo to their arsenal... Just like Miami did by trading both Minkah and Tunsil... Without looking at other teams rosters, some might have the ability to trade some of their rookie contract players for more ammo.
For example, What if the Panthers decided to trade Christian McCaffery ?

Lol. Great strategy. What happens if the team with the first pick next year needs a QB? Then what do you do, wait until 2022? :lol:

Last edited:
If dolphins dont want Tua they can go Veteran route. Still build team. Be ready compete in 2 to 3 yr..

Unless teams start offering a player with picks, there's no team who can compete. If it gets to that point, we can offer up Jerome Baker or Xavien. They're the first players that came to mind.

Yes, the QB position is that important.

You know who we are picking and that is Justin Herbert he is Chan Gailey's Godson for Christ sakes. Wherever he falls to Miami #5, 18, or #26 they will get him. It makes so much sense. Plus, we are keeping Rosen (that's for sure) to develop him an possibility even be our franchise QB. That is why Chan Gailey took this job (didn't you all know that). Ryan Fitzpatrick knows the system (perfect), Rosen loves this type of system as it was what he ran in UCLA (he will get better), Justin Herbert (his Godson) was running a similar system at Oregon (see the dots connect). It's not hard too see now. But, I really don't give f**k who we take he is sitting for 2 years anyway that how you develop. I also feel Rosen will step up this year and prove he is our guy to quiet all the naysayers. JMHO.

Back
Top Bottom