Who needs to go after this season¿?¿?¿? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who needs to go after this season¿?¿?¿?

FinsFan74 said:
Definitely Mare....and upgrade our DB size....Jacksonville severely exposed out height
Jacksonville's starting wide receivers are all 6'4 and taller they will expose any starting cornerbacks because most corners are usually just 5'10 or 5'11.

The time to get rid of Mulark was earlier this season . . . u probably gotta stick w/ him now.

mularkey is the first one who needs to go unless we play better from now on, anyone who wants mcmichael to go is a ****ing ******* ******

Saban, Harrington, Mare, Tillman, Spragan, Mularky

We need culpepper to be healthy and play like he is capable of and we need another quality receiver. Chambers is inconsistent. We also need a kicker. Mare is done!! How about Marino as head coach. I am not a Saban fan. He has made the same terrible decisions that Wanny made or worse (culpepper over brees, Mularky, Jason Allen. I also think Ronnie Brown has not proven himself as a premier back. The personnel decisions stink.

dolphan117 said:
Thats my only concern but as long as we promote from the inside with Baggett or Garrett I don't think the turnover would be all that bad. What killed us this year is that we brought in an OC who had no knowledge of our players whatsoever. If it was someone who had been with the organization for the last 2 years I think the transition would be much smoother, especially if it was Garrett as he is already the QB coach and would have little trouble knowing what they do and don't do well.

I can agree with that, getting rid of him as long as we promote from the inside. Promoting Garrett concerns me because this is only his second year as a coach. I don't know enough about Baggett. But I would hate to see a brand new, outside the organization OC here again! Its almost like stepping backwards. I think the new coordinators are a big reason why we started off slow for the past two years. By the time the players are truley comfortable with the system, the season is half over and playoff chances are down the drain.

chrisjp said:
Saban, Harrington, Mare, Tillman, Spragan, Mularky

We need culpepper to be healthy and play like he is capable of and we need another quality receiver. Chambers is inconsistent. We also need a kicker. Mare is done!! How about Marino as head coach. I am not a Saban fan. He has made the same terrible decisions that Wanny made or worse (culpepper over brees, Mularky, Jason Allen. I also think Ronnie Brown has not proven himself as a premier back. The personnel decisions stink.

Are you insane or just plain ignorant?

A) Culpepper is working on being healthy, you think rehab and surgery isn't helping?
B) A new kicker may happen, but I doubt it.
C) Marino as a coach? Yeah right. Give Saban more than 2 years to make a good team. He's making a team built to last, not one run at the Super Bowl and then restart.
D) Brees over Culpepper, who would've known that Brees would've done as well as he's doing so now?
E) Mularkey, let's get a new OC, good idea. Let's make our players learn a new system and a new OC's playcalling.
F) Jason Allen and Ronnie Brown aren't doing well enough for you. Well, Allen is a rookie. And Brown has shown he has what it takes to be a premier back. If you don't think so, what games have you been watching?
G) Personnel decisions don't stink, but your patience does.

All the people who want to clean out the coaching staff are insane. M.M.'s playcalling has been lacking, but it is his first year here. He needs to adapt to the personel we have, and get some of his own players in here.

I hoped beyond hope that we could win out but deep down inside I knew it would be next to impossible to win 9 straight. Unfortunately, as was bound to happen at some point, today's game exposed the flaws of this team. I think that we're a decent team capable of beating anyone and capable of losing to anyone. I know that is great analysis as that probably holds true for 2/3 of the NFL. At least, many other NFL fans are in the same boat as we are.

What I think we need to look at during the offseason.

1. QB play has been subpar all year. First Culpepper wasn't 100% and then Harrington has been average at best. I like Joey but he just gives too many points away. Too many ints in the end zone or deep in our territory. You can win with him but he isn't going to put a team on his back. Hopefully Culpepper comes back healthy and gets his timing back. If not, we could do worse than Harrington if we upgrade the rest of our team...namely the O-Line.

2. Our O-Line isn't very good. LT has been a huge problem since we got rid of Webb and neither McIntosh or Shelton are the answer. We need to target a big time LT and throw some serious cash at him. McIntosh is a fine back-up and will probably be cheap so we might want to keep him. But Shelton is a bust and we need to cut our losses. James is decent and I think Carey is going to be pretty good. Otherwise, the rest of the guys are avg. at best.

3. Secondary has been pretty bad most of the season which is disconcerting given that is Saban's specialty. I think we know that Daniels is a nickel guy at best as he was bad today. Will Allen is decent and Goodman is ok, better than I thought he would be. R. Hill shows flashes but we can upgrade there. I like what Bell brings to the table and full year as a starter will probably benefit him. J. Allen hasn't shown much but he is a rookie. Tillman is terrible and hopefully is gone next year. I think this group will be much better given a full year together under their belts. Maybe Poole can come back and give something but we should look to draft a young CB and maybe bring in some bodies.

4. Mare's confidence is shot and once that goes on a kicker, its time to find someone else. He has been very un-clutch the past couple of years and he has killed this year's team. He isn't the main reason we have lost 7 games this year but for a team with little room for error, his misses have been critical. Either he accepts a major pay cut or he is gone. Probably gone regardless.

5. I think its also time to get rid of McMichael. He hasn't done much this year and he is making good money. I have no idea what the cap hit would be, but if its minimal, I'm sure we can find a way to better spend the money. Too many drops and his blocking hasn't been great. More alarming are the number of bonehead plays he makes...the procedure penalties and missed blocks, specifically.

6. I think our skill players on offense are good enough to win. We just have to do a better job of getting them the ball in good situations. I was calling for Booker's head in the beginning of the year but he has shown a burst the past few weeks. Welker is a great security blanket in the slot and is very dependable. Hagan dropped too many balls but is only a rookie and should improve. We are set with Ronnie Brown and if Ricky comes back, we should have a great 1-2 punch.

7. DL is getting old. Probably time to start playing some of the younger kids to see what we have there. Carter, Holliday and Traylor all could be gone. Saban has some interesting choices to make. All 3 have been productive this year but as I said, they are getting old and we'd save alot of money if we moved on. I like Roth and hopefully some of younger DL (R. Wright, Vickerson, Evans, etc) may be ready.

8. LB has been ok this year. Zach still can tackle but he is getting old. Crowder should be stud but needs to be a little more consistent. Spragan isn't asked to do much so we don't get much from him. We need to draft a young LB who can rush the QB ala Merriman.

9. Coaching. I have faith in Saban and think he will turn it around. That being said, next year is critical for him. If we don't show progress next year, he might not ever turn it around.

Realistically, this was a very bad team 2 years ago. Wannstedt and Speilman really gutted the talent on this team so its no surprise that we are not a playoff team yet. Moreover, there has been very little continuity with the coaching staff as we've had so many changes on the coaching staff the past few years. Hopefully another year of Saban upgrading the talent combined with another year in Mularkey's and Caper's systems will finally get us over the hump. I have faith!

Until then, lets win the remaining four games and hope some teams lose.

GridIronKing34 said:
Are you insane or just plain ignorant?

A) Culpepper is working on being healthy, you think rehab and surgery isn't helping?

I don't think he was that good before the injury!

B) A new kicker may happen, but I doubt it.

Are you insane or just plain ignorant????

C) Marino as a coach? Yeah right. Give Saban more than 2 years to make a good team. He's making a team built to last, not one run at the Super Bowl and then restart.

Marino...NO WAY but Saban has to show us more...so far he has not been
anywhere near the head coach we will need to get to the next step!

D) Brees over Culpepper, who would've known that Brees would've done as well as he's doing so now?

It's called making a choice and Saban made the wrong choice...I'm starting to say that more and more in regards to Saban's coaching.

E) Mularkey, let's get a new OC, good idea. Let's make our players learn a new system and a new OC's playcalling.

Mularkey has to go and so do quite a few players on offense.If you do not agree please refer to your own words in your first sentence.

F) Jason Allen and Ronnie Brown aren't doing well enough for you. Well, Allen is a rookie. And Brown has shown he has what it takes to be a premier back. If you don't think so, what games have you been watching?

Allen is a bust...there I go...I said it. A rookie should at least be able to
tackle never mind his getting lost in coverage.Maybe he just needs to study the play book. As for Ronnie Brown the number 2 pick in what has to be one of the worst draft years on record.A marginal back that will never amount to a premier back say top 10 in the NFL.
G) Personnel decisions don't stink, but your patience does.

Personnel decisions have stunk regardless of how you would like to sugar coat everything!!

I love this team but this process is going to take much longer than what most people realize...think 3-4 drafts where whoever is coach will have to hit on the majority of draft picks to improve this team. So I guess you are right that we will need patience ofa saint to get through this!!

you dont drop cleo. the kid will be special one day if he gets a chance. culpepper is your guy, and hell be great when healthy. things dont happen immediately in building a superbowl team. culpepper will prove to be worth the wait. olindo mare MUST GO. not in the offseason, he needs to be gone right now. he single handedly sucks all the life out of this team

Back
Top Bottom