Who Noticed Charles Harris Was Inactive Today? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Noticed Charles Harris Was Inactive Today?

Biegel and van ginkel who is mostly awareness and effort only 2 edge guys I think I’d bring back next year. probably gonna punt on taco too.

I’ve got my eye on chiasson for a rush/drop/off ball package lb and matos for a 43 de.

2 years from now what do I have in both types

Tjs not playing any 43 end in Pittsburgh. Every once in a while he puts a hand in the dirt but that’s about it. maybe 4 point on obvious run downs

we aren’t playing much of it either and he’d he a great piece to have

Everybody hates Grier right now because he missed on Harris (as if that never happens), but just wait a few months.

We beat the Eagles in a season we essentially punted away and they were all in on as usual, just wait until Grier spends his capital.

GM's make mistakes, but you have to empower them, ignore the fans and give them time to learn and grow which is something Ross doesn't understand because he's a football idiot.

Even the Ravens were looking like s*** a few years ago and drafted a bust in Breshad Perriman in the first round and now they're the best team in football, every GM makes mistakes.

we aren’t playing much of it either and he’d he a great piece to have

I’m sure that has more to do with biegel and van ginkel being largely the only 2 they are even remotely happy with. But still not good enough.

Everybody hates Grier right now because he missed on Harris (as if that never happens), but just wait a few months.

We beat the Eagles in a season we essentially punted away and they were all in on as usual, just wait until Grier spends his capital.

GM's make mistakes, but you have to empower them, ignore the fans and give them time to learn and grow which is something Ross doesn't understand because he's a football idiot.

Even the Ravens were looking like s*** a few years ago and drafted a bust in Breshad Perriman in the first round and now they're the best team in football, every GM makes mistakes.

You mean empower like promote someone to GM after 20 abysmal years in the scouting department?

You mean empower like promote someone to GM after 20 abysmal years in the scouting department?

Abysmal?

Nobody except for the people deep within the Miami organization know anything about Grier's track record of hits and misses as a scout, it's an unknown.

I do know this though, Jeff Ireland was a much better talent evaluator than the vast majority of Dolphins fans ever gave him credit for, and he is proving his worth in New Orleans whether Dolphins fans realize it or not.

I’ve got my eye on chiasson for a rush/drop/off ball package lb and matos for a 43 de.

2 years from now what do I have in both types

I like Matos as well. Also very eager to see Epenesa's numbers at the combine.

Iffy on Taco. Don't know what his salary is next year though. Can we possibly start with a clean slate at that spot? Taco and CH offer nothing. When either gets a sack its a complete breakdown of the pocket and the QB literally falls onto them.

I'm intrigued by the CFL kid, Willie Jefferson, by virtue of a youtube video. Athleticism is there, only appears to have the one pass rush move, with the swim. He's good at it though and can run/jump/disrupt/chase/tackle. Hyper active. I'd assume the worst with the rest of his film, especially against the run but he did with DPOY so it's gotta be decent?

I'd rather kick the tires on Canada and move on from Taco and CH.

I actually can't believe Charles Harris was this bad. I thought he was promising in college with some serious pass rush ability. But to do what's he done is kind of shocking.

Doesn't appear Shaq Barrett is getting out of TB after Arian's comments the other day when asked about potentially losing him in FA. "Not going anywhere".

If I get the chance to overpay for Yannick Ngakoue, I'm doing it. Not sure he's getting out JAX either.

If either guy hits the open market, I'm spending cash.

Abysmal?

Nobody except for the people deep within the Miami organization know anything about Grier's track record of hits and misses as a scout, it's an unknown.

I do know this though, Jeff Ireland was a much better talent evaluator than the vast majority of Dolphins fans ever gave him credit for, and he is proving his worth in New Orleans whether Dolphins fans realize it or not.

Too strong an adjective? It ain't good, that's for sure. Worthy of being promoted? Definitely not.

His record as a scout is either picked the wrong guy or didn't have a strong enough voice when someone else picked the wrong guy.

Jeff Ireland is irrelevant to this conversation but he was also guilty of consistently picking the wrong guy in Miami. The hooker thing also wasn't a good look while he was making terrible picks. Glad he figured it out in an organization that isn't a total shitshow. Like Spielman in Minnesota. Funny how that works out.

Last edited:
Barrett’s real bad against the run I doubt miami would go there. Considering the price. I imagine he’s headed for a tag.

van gink needs to add weight for poa play this offseason but he looks like a guy that can finish on the qb when flushed or off games. Looks like a walk in the park for a tackle one on one which is expected.

biegel can help miami buy time. Put him on the strong side at olb but he’s a limited upside type. More effort and motor than anything else pass rush wise.

They got 2 guys to carry into 2020 I doubt they got more unless they bring taco to camp (which is possible I suppose)

Miami needs to extend Charles Harris now. He’s the only player I know that can produce the same numbers even if he’s inactive.
I honestly have only heard his name ONE time this season when we're on Defense.

Every person taken in the first round after him would have been a better pick and Reuben Foster was taken at 31.

Consensus 1st rounders don't put up combine numbers like that at 6'3" 250. That alone should've dropped him to at least the 3rd. I had him and Taco as 5ths that year. Couldn't believe we drafted him that high.

You can't have paid attention to the fins drafts the past 20 years and simultaneously be excited that Grier is about to have control over the (arguably) 2 most important off seasons in team history. We'll either be competitive again (like we were under real owners) or be a perpetual laughing stock a la the Browns (like we have been with Ross). It would be wise to cut ties with him now so someone capable has ample time to make the right decisions.

...and yet, this is what he was. Analyst after analyst had him going in the first, sometime just out of the top ten.

Look it up.

Truth is good.

But we are supposed to believe that Grier is the beat GM ever because he traded away what little talent we had for more draft picks he’s going to miss on.

Back
Top Bottom