who picks the people for MNF? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who picks the people for MNF?

OR, they could not hire either Dennis Miller or John (I worship the NFC and despise the AFC) Madden. This would help their ratings big time. I cringe at the thought of listening to him talk about his nonsense while I try to watch the 'Fins slap around the Packers......

i'd like to see terry bradshaw

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Its better than Dennis Miller.
as the color man, his overall knowledge of football is lacking, but i think he's funny!

Madden is one of the dumbest human beings to ever disgrace a television screen. His stuff is old, his insights are non-existant, and he's appalling to look at! It's about time for him to roll that stupid bus of his into oblivion.

Originally posted by Expo88
Madden is one of the dumbest human beings to ever disgrace a television screen. His stuff is old, his insights are non-existant, and he's appalling to look at! It's about time for him to roll that stupid bus of his into oblivion.

Seriously! He is like 2 days away from the retirement home, and these morons still let him be on TV. I can't stand him, Phil Simms, and Terry Bradshaw. At least Michaels will be with him, he is one of the best anouncer in all of sports.

Most of you probably will disagree with me on this, but I loved Boomer Esiason when he did it.

its probably too long ago for most of you to remember, but the best crew they ever had for MNF is "dandy" don meredith, howard cosell and frank gifford. frank and don used to gang up on howard all the time. one time howard did the show drunk, some of the comments don made, i laughed so hard i almost forgot about the football game. i can't even remember who was playing that night, but i remember the show!

I like Gifford, but didn't care much for Meredith; way too much bias towards the Cowboys to announce national games.

Even more, I absolutely despise seeing/hearing Dennis Miller doing whatever it was he thinks he contributes.

the only time i watched the pokes........

was if the fins were playing. i agree meridith was pretty biased towards the cowboys, but he QB'ed for them! what do you expect. same as marino always going with the fins on HBO, even though he knew it was gonna be an "anybody win type of game!"

my feelings on madden are undecided...... i like him in one sense and hate him in another.... never understood why he prefered the nfc over afc..... HE WAS THE RAIDERS HEAD COACH!!!!! He is gonna dis us so damn bad on MNF this year........

Originally posted by chambers84
Most of you probably will disagree with me on this, but I loved Boomer Esiason when he did it.
I'm with you on that one. I liked Boomer in the box, he's interesting enough to keep things going. This season I'm betting Al Michaels gets tired of being interrupted by that blithering, porky, idiot sitting next to him and eventually just beats him down on national televion...now that would be worth watching. :lol:

Well I happen to like Madden. I happen to share the same alma-mata as Madden(Cal Poly), and I enjoy his commentary. As a large guy myself, I enjoy it when a large guy has success.
As for the alleged anti-AFC bias that some of you have mentioned, Madden had worked his entire tv carrer with the NFC based network. Madden reaspects the Phins. It is the fault of the NFL schedule-makers that Madden only was able to broadcast the Phins four times in his carrer. That is due to the fact that many of the top home games against NFC teams were scheduled for night games(1984 Dallas, 1985 DaBears, 1987 Redskins, 1990 Eagles, 1993 Redskins, 1994 Lions, 1995 49ers) which if they would not Madden likely would have been assigned to do.

who cares what conference he likes. i just don't like the way he talks to the audience, like they're in kindergarten or something.

btw, kindergarten looks like its a german word!?

Back
Top Bottom